UFC News and Discussion Thread

Miesha Tate is complaining about Kim Winslow stopping the fight too early. Now I know we all (justifiably) complain about Winslow's refereeing and at times, including last night with Maxi Blanco's fence grabbing (points should have been deducted, this could end up costing Sam Sicilia his job in the UFC), but I feel she made the right call hear, Tate took three or four knees to the face which she defended with her face and then an elbow before trying to very weakly shoot in. For me Winslow made the right call, fighter safety being paramount we can't be seeing people taking powerful knees to the point that they are just out on their feet. Now shut up whining Miesha, you lost fair and square, you should now be looking to fight ASAP in such a shallow division to put your name back out their as a contender.

Miesha Tate is complaining about Kim Winslow stopping the fight too early. Now I know we all (justifiably) complain about Winslow's refereeing and at times, including last night with Maxi Blanco's fence grabbing (points should have been deducted, this could end up costing Sam Sicilia his job in the UFC), but I feel she made the right call hear, Tate took three or four knees to the face which she defended with her face and then an elbow before trying to very weakly shoot in. For me Winslow made the right call, fighter safety being paramount we can't be seeing people taking powerful knees to the point that they are just out on their feet. Now shut up whining Miesha, you lost fair and square, you should now be looking to fight ASAP in such a shallow division to put your name back out their as a contender.

Spot on. Even if it hadn't been stopped at that moment, Zingano would've easily sprawled the takedown and ground and pounded, so it was definitely the right call. Although, the first knee she hit was borderline illegal-

miesha-tate-cat-zingano-illegal-knee.jpg

Some great fights though, real pleased for Kelvin Gastelum, the Uriah Hall hype train has derailed just a little. Also, how about Faber vs Pickett next?

Yeah, cant really have many complaints about that stoppage. Tate has heart and a bloody good chin, but she's taking a beating there and you cant really argue with Winslow stopping it.

I'd say Tate winning would probably of made for a more entertaining season of TUF, as I'm sure she'd stir shit up with Ronda throughout the show, but Zingano is awesome and probably makes for the better matchup against Ronda. Tate/Ronda would of been much more hyped though, so as much as I like Zingano, did feel a bit gutted to see Tate lose out here.

I like it from the point of view we get a more deep division, had Tate won we would have had her vs Rousey and the struggle a little with where to go next. At least with this we still have Rousey vs Tate down the line, and we don't have to see the disgusting, vicious little troll known as Bryan Caraway on my tv screen every week as Mr Miesha Tate, he is a horrible vile little piece of work

• Like 1

I like it from the point of view we get a more deep division, had Tate won we would have had her vs Rousey and the struggle a little with where to go next. At least with this we still have Rousey vs Tate down the line, and we don't have to see the disgusting, vicious little troll known as Bryan Caraway on my tv screen every week as Mr Miesha Tate, he is a horrible vile little piece of work

Where exactly does that come from out of interest? Like, I've only seen him from the Mizugaki fight and he (and Tate) came across as being arrogant jerks but is there anything else?

Yeesh, what a prick. Rousey could probably take him in a fight anyways...

Fairly certain Miesha could take him, never mind Ronda.

I think I've confirmed my Ben Henderson bias. I scored the first round for Melendez but after that I had four straight rounds to Henderson. Then the decision came and it is a split decision, then the post show came and Chael Sonnen and Brian Stann are saying Melendez won, then I go on Twitter and the vocal majority agree the indeed Melendez should have won. It is like I was watching a completely different fight.

Melendez should have won, but he completely took his foot off the gas in the last two rounds and took the first three rounds for granted when there was no guarantees of how the judges really scored the fight.

So really, it wasn't so much that Henderson won as Melendez lost.

I thought it was 48-47 to Henderson to be honest. I gave Melendez the first and last rounds. Also, Henderson was a bit silly proposing to his girlfriend in Melendez's hometown, after narrowly beating him, not surprising at the reaction he got.

Good night of fights that. I was very impressed with Josh Thomson last night. I would like to see him fighting someone like Khabib Nurmagomedov (if he beats Trujilo) next.

Having missed the show last night, were there any fights that are really worth watching?

Jordan Mein vs Matt Brown was good. I also enjoyed Njokuani vs Bowling, the main event and Josh Thomson vs Nate Diaz.

They were the best but aside from Cormier vs Mir, none of the fights were boring so I guess most of the show was worth watching.