World Cup 2010 Thread

Oh that was a great goal by Denmark. Fantastic ball, very good cross .... great team play there.

- edit, and even in his 30's ... Rommedahl is fucking fast.

To bad that his target skill havent followed suit. But then again, Jon Dahl Tomasson havent scored on the national side since feb. 08 <_<

Oh that was a great goal by Denmark. Fantastic ball, very good cross .... great team play there.

To bad that his target skill havent followed suit. But then again, Jon Dahl Tomasson havent scored on the national side since feb. 08 <_<

:shifty:

For once im glad i was wrong :blush:

Still it have been one rollercoaster ride of a game :lol:

For once im glad i was wrong :blush:

Still it have been one rollercoaster ride of a game :lol:

I saw the match on big screen; until the very last second, EVERYONE was biting their nails. Man, were we lucky to win that game; Cameroun were fucking serious about it.

Pumped for the Italy game today. A must win really. Pirlo is still missing and Buffon looks like he may miss the entire tournament, which may just be the biggest blow possible to the squad. Sounds like Lippi is going to go with 4-4-2 as he did in the second half against Paraguay. Gilardino up front and Iaquinta/Di Natale partnering him, which means Pazzini wont start again :(

Hopefully Edgar Davids and Alan Hansen remeber who Di Natale is this time. I mean, 28 goals in Serie A at least means he should be referred to by name rather than "Number 10".

Didn't really see any of the matches last night as I didn't really think any of the teams would serve up anything particularly interesting - in a good sense at least. Still on a bit of a downer from the Algeria match if I'm honest.

At the age of 31, Anelka's only real decision is whether he wants to/thinks he is able to play in Euro 2012. Given that his experience in Euro 2008 was kind of shit as well, I can see why he'd just want to underline it all and move on.

Didn't really see any of the matches last night as I didn't really think any of the teams would serve up anything particularly interesting - in a good sense at least. Still on a bit of a downer from the Algeria match if I'm honest.

The Denmark game was one of the best so far, both teams attacking, the opposite if the England game.

According to the papers (yes, they all talk shit anyway), Rooney is walking around like a prima donna and has a huge ego. Sounds like the biggest pile of bollocks I've ever heard. Of course after two terrible displays, we're at the stage where the media tries to find somebody or something to pin the blame on, rather than just admitting it's the simple fact of the entire team playing shit so far.

Paulo Da Silva is such an intelligent defender, he just tracks the player back and smartly puts them into a bad position, he doesn't go flying in like an idiot. Hopefully we get to see more of him next season as when he's played he's impressed, just not seen him enough. Maybe a little slow for the Premiership game (I've seen milk turn quicker to be honest), but if he can be a regular and we can sort something out for John Mensah and he can stay fit, that's our defence improved ten-fold next season. Infinitely our weakest area.

I need to watch more of Riveros. From what I've heard he's a fast winger, and then on the other hand he's a slow deep-lying playmaker and all sorts. So I should probably get a glimpse myself and make my own opinion.

According to the papers (yes, they all talk shit anyway), Rooney is walking around like a prima donna and has a huge ego. Sounds like the biggest pile of bollocks I've ever heard. Of course after two terrible displays, we're at the stage where the media tries to find somebody or something to pin the blame on, rather than just admitting it's the simple fact of the entire team playing shit so far.

The problem of course is that the rest of the team haven't lashed out at the cameramen (thus the media) which paints a massive target on Rooney's head.