World Cup 2010 Thread

Bloody hell. I thought Kaka might be sneakily trying to elbow him slightly but even that's pushing it, but why go down holding your face? This is just about on par with the Italians before.

Edited by IAceI

The other player went over to Kaka. He was totally provoked. The elbow did happen, but the fact the other player went down holding his face, it was obvious the Ivory Coast player was looking to cause that. Bet FIFA still charge Kaka with violent conduct though, the silly cunts.

Johnathan Pearce will never be anything more than a Channel 5 UEFA Cup/Robot Wars commentator to me.

"Goooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll - Robeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttooooooo Diiiiiiii Mattttttttteeoooooooooooooooooo" - Ugh. :/

The thing is, Ivory Coast are going to need Brazil to beat Portugal and they've just made the game easier for Portugal.

Idiots.

Yeah, but Portugal can't beat anyone at the moment. Queiroz is one of the most incompetent managers we ever had, his decisions are mind baffling and widely criticized (and rightly so, calling up several players who no one has even heard of while leaving out other players who have unquestionable value and are in great form), and the group is rife with controversy amongst themselves (Nani being strangely injured, being replaced, then saying he'd be fit to play in a week, Deco criticizing the way the team played and Queiroz's decisions after the Ivory Coast match, then retracting himself, and now supposedly getting injured and not being able to play against North Korea... too many coincidences for my taste). Plus, they don't play football. I dunno what they do on the field, but that ain't playing.

A former manager (who I hate, but that's irrelevant :shifty:) said it best: "Someday, we'll expect Ronaldo to hit the corner kick, then go running towards the area to head the ball in". Something like that.

It's pathetic, really.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

The thing is, Ivory Coast are going to need Brazil to beat Portugal and they've just made the game easier for Portugal.

Idiots.

Yeah, but Portugal can't beat anyone at the moment. Queiroz is one of the most incompetent managers we ever had, his decisions are mind baffling and widely criticized (and rightly so, calling up several players who no one has even heard of while leaving out other players who have unquestionable value and are in great form), and the group is rife with controversy amongst themselves (Nani being strangely injured, being replaced, then saying he'd be fit to play in a week, Deco criticizing the way the team played and Queiroz's decisions after the Ivory Coast match, then retracting himself, and now supposedly getting injured and not being able to play against North Korea... too many coincidences for my taste). Plus, they don't play football. I dunno what they do on the field, but that ain't playing.

A former manager (who I hate, but that's irrelevant :shifty:) said it best: "Someday, we'll expect Ronaldo to hit the corner kick, then go running towards the area to head the ball in". Something like that.

It's pathetic, really.

The guy you just quoted was way worse than Queirozrolleyes.gif

Idiots.

It's pathetic, really.

The guy you just quoted was way worse than Queirozrolleyes.gif

Doesn't mean he's not right. Portugal being so Ronaldo-dependent is pathetic. If he got injured or banned for something, I think the whole team would collapse because the "golden boy" wouldn't be there. The game plan consists of getting the ball to Ronaldo, and let him do the rest. That is not a way to play.

I have a bad feeling that all this pressure on Joe Cole is going to turn out horribly.

We're treating him like he's the messiah, and if he came on, suddenly we'd be winning 5-0.

He'd be more inspired than the current tosh we play, but really, aren't we setting our expectations too high? Before we were going to win based on Rooney alone, and now that's proved a load of crap, we're going to win based on Joe Cole alone.