World Cup 2010 Thread

But it's ok, because Italy put in a good performance against New Zealand. It's not easy to win against a shitty team that defends most of the game. :shifty:

Ronaldo's goal was hilarious. I half expected him to throw himself on the floor and cry, but this reminds me why I like him sometimes.

For those keeping score, Ivory Coast need to beat Korea by nine goals, assuming Brazil beat Portugal by one goal. That's a big if, because on the strength of their last two games, Brazil beating Portugal at all would be something of an upset, especially without Kaka. ¬_¬ If Portugal don't lose, Ivory Coast are out of course. So...

Would almost be funny if Ivory Coast won 11-0, only for Portugal to score a last minute goal and draw 1-1 with Brazil.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Thats what I expected to see Brazil do. Jesus Christ, no one should be complaining about a lack of goals anymore.

I wanted Portugal to lose, lol Mendes and I hate Ronaldo but that goal Ronaldo scored was admittedly all sorts of awesome. Well done for not holding back at all, absolutely decimating them is going to send a message and so far Brazil v Portugal is shaping up to be an excellent game.

Awwww, Sanchez looked so happy with his goal, bless him. Shame THREE players were about three yards offside. :P

Ahahaha, this has just turned into a brawl and a card-fest. The double-yellow (if Fernandes did get booked) was the most confusing thing ever. Don't even know what the Chilean is supposed to have done...

Edited by Farmer Reil

What's the record for most cards ever handed out in a WC game? I only ask because I'm convinced the ref is trying to break it :shifty:

Like four guys got yellow crds in the span of the about 5 minutes. What's with all the arguing anyways? They don't ever understand what the other is saying.