World Cup 2010 Thread

Serious question, why are all these Algerian fans crying? They're team was out regardless of the result. Is a draw really that important to people?

They could have went through if the results went right.

Over the moon anyway, we're through, we played really really well and deserved more than 1 goal, but who cares.

Well done to USA, was watching your game on another screen while on xbox to headset to my American buddy, pleased for you guys.

High fives all round.

If they had won by 2 they would go through.

I know that there was the chance for them to advance before the day began. I'm talking about what happened with just a few minutes left in the game. The commentators kept questioning why the Algerians weren't attacking when they needed to win the game to have any hopes of getting to the next round. It seemed like they were just playing for a draw and gave one up at the end. If your team goes out with a tie or a loss, I don't really see what difference it makes at that point. I guess what I'm saying is had the Algerians scored in stoppage time, that wouldn't have made the outcome of that game any worse for me since my team was out either way and it seemed like the Algerians were cool with a draw, but that a loss was somehow much worse.

Fuck, I still have chills. I was on my way to work, watching on my phone when we scored. Everyone on the bus looked at me like I was a fool, but fuck that, cuz we're going through.

Algeria deserved that shit, fuck them and their running clock, fuck their fans, their team didn't even want to win. The US showed up big, got our first result in a third game, and goes through top of the group. GREAT fucking way to start the day.

That was much much better from England. In the first half, our passing and movement was brilliant and we should have scored more than the one we got. Terry was a rock at the back, typified by his hilarious salmon-style attempt at blocking a shot with his head. Can't fault any of the back four. Milner showed shades of Beckham with his wing-play, and Defoe was dangerous. I was again disappointed by Lampard and Rooney, though the pass that the former put through for the latter was a touch of quality, and Rooney should have scored. I'm still not hopeful for our chances against Germany (if indeed they do top their group), but today we played well, and at least showed glimpses of quality and potential.

I'm rooting for Ghana over Germany because god, at least one African team should advance. I won't really be too bothered if Germany wins, though.