Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

Ending spoilers...

Did anyone else feel the ending of the game fell pretty flat? I love this game, don't get me wrong, but the ending was a bit crap. The heist was great but for the final mission to be "right then guys, fuck it, let's just kill everyone" felt a bit shit to put it bluntly.

I chose Option C, by the way.

Just finished the main story as well.

I have to admit I felt it was a bit flat as well, but I did enjoy bumping off all the antagonists in the space of half an hour. I think that one thing that did prove though was that the main enemies in the game were a bit weak, in the end they were just slightly corrupt guys who you killed with a sniper rifle or by spending two seconds pushing a car off a cliff.

I also chose Option C which it appears 90% of the world has as well.

SPOILERS BELOW ARE FOR THE OTHER TWO ENDINGS

Found these as I was interested to see what else could happen.

Ending A

Drive to the site. Don't worry about arming yourself. Firepower won't come into this assassination.

When you reach the site, watch the cut scene, then leap into your car and pursue Trevor. Don't bother trying to disable his Vehicle. You're headed for a set-piece ending.

Follow Trevor as he weaves into traffic, using Franklin's driving ability to dodge collisions. When you reach the oil-field a cut-scene will kick in. Michael will intervene, wrecking Trevor's car and wounding him.

Trevor is doused in gasoline. Kill Trevor by igniting the fuel, burning him alive. Michael and Franklin will talk briefly about the killing and its ultimate necessity, then part ways.

• Note - If you choose this ending you will be unable to use Trevor as a playable character again

Ending B

Michael will flee. Pursue but don't bother shooting at him. Chase Michael through the catwalks and up the superstructure, dodging his fire as best you can. When he reaches the tower, climb the ladder after him.

Another cut scene will play out, this one depicting a struggle and contest of wills atop the stack. Franklin will knock Michael over the rail, then catch him. You'll be offered the choice to drop Michael or save him, but either way he will fall to his death. The game closes with Franklin calling Lamarand trying to patch things up.

• Note - If you choose this ending you will be unable to use Michael as a playable character again.

A forced stealth mission? Really GTA?!? I know you wanted me to just knock them out but I just shot them all with my supressed pistol instead. Dont try that stealth garbage with me again!

Buy a silencer for your pistol. Suddenly, stealth missions are super easy.

There might be more but the one I'm talking about is the first mission for the movie studio guy

Oh, yeah, I just shot them with my silencer too. To be honest, with the way the dudes were lined up for that I sort of feel like that was the preferred option by design.

Multiple endings?!? Oh man. Hope I choose the right one if I ever make it :(

You'll know what choice to make when the time comes. There are 3 choices. If you choose any of the other two options, it means you are a terrible person.

Honestly, I think the ending choices are probably the worst aspect of the game, and not even because of the choices themselves, but how you're given them. I'd rather have a series of missions that build up to one ending or the other as opposed to literally choosing between three endings on the spot.

You'll know what choice to make when the time comes. There are 3 choices. If you choose any of the other two options, it means you are a terrible person.

Honestly, I think the ending choices are probably the worst aspect of the game, and not even because of the choices themselves, but how you're given them. I'd rather have a series of missions that build up to one ending or the other as opposed to literally choosing between three endings on the spot.

That's pretty much the way I feel about the way it played out. It seems to be an element of "time for the last missi-, SHIT IT'S GTA WE NEED ALTERNATE ENDINGS. Um... pick a card? "

That's pretty much the way I feel about the way it played out. It seems to be an element of "time for the last missi-, SHIT IT'S GTA WE NEED ALTERNATE ENDINGS. Um... pick a card? "

Bit more on why I thought the ending fell flat...

To me, the story was great, and as I got to the final mission, I thought I was about 75% through, so I was shocked at the abrupt ending. I was always thought the finish was going to be Michael vs. Trevor, and guys like Devlin and the FIB were just a distraction.

I felt kinda robbed when the ending was some guy knocking on my door to tell me I had to kill someone. It felt really lazy to me.

Why couldn't the trio have just killed Devlin, Cheng and Haines much earlier in the game? They knew they were dicks all along and they didn't need them for the UD heist anyway.

Up until the ending, this was my favourite GTA game ever. Ending was nowhere near as epic as IV or Vice City.

Something I noticed the second time through playing. Naturally there's some end game choice spoilers.

After the 'break into the offices to check if that dead guy is the man' mission, Michael tells Franklin that "We made a deal, and the wrong man got killed"

Now, in the last playthrough I hated Michael enough to kill him based on the set up alone, but I didn't actually realise that the set up was for Trevor to get killed too.