Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

He spent the first half of the season rehabbing a double leg break, he hardly missed a game once he got going again.

Edit: Ben Arfa that is, drafted half an hour ago but forgot to post...

Edited by Colly

Once successfully completed a transfer on deadline day.

Signed for Villa on deadline day.

Played for a newly promoted Premier League club.

Played for City when they got promoted.

He had an 'above average' first season as a professional and he has been dropped for a season opener.

Had a good season for Everton as a 17 year old, can't find anything for the second point though.

He has been involved in a last day relegation battle. The manager at the time "sat (the players) down to watch a montage of their best pieces from the season". It is known that Roy Hodgson has adopted this technique.

Not sure about this either.

He played with Paolo Di Canio: "I played with a foreign player who was a master at winning free-kicks after minimal contact. Our manager loved him and would say to us: "You all need to be more streetwise like Paolo"

I think this is actually Paolo Wanchope from his time at City. (With valid reason: He's mentioned he got back to back player of the year awards, nobody currently playing in the PL has played with the Di Canio and won back to back POTY awards. Dunne won them at City with Wanchope.)

"So what can we conclude from all of this? A couple of things: that my daughter will be told to stay away from footballers"TSF has a daughter

Dunne has a daughter called Lyla.

"If Capello had stayed put on the continent and the FA was today casting its net for a tough, no nonsense and successful manager, I'd have said they needed the Italian to steer the ship for us." – Referring to England as us, TSF is English.

Not English, lived here nearly 20 years though, I dunno.

"I have seen defenders hold people off for at least 15 yards just to win a goal-kick. Anywhere else on the pitch it would be a foul." – Suggests he's not a defender.

Hardly says he's not a defender, he's more making a point than anything.

"I remember being in talks for a move from one Premier League club to another" – goes on to say he made the move. So he has had a transfer between 2 Premier League clubs.

City to Villa

"There's a striking clause in my Premier League contract" – Seems to be talking in the present tense so we can pretty much assume he is a current Premier League player. But there is possibly a chance he still has a Premier League contract despite playing elsewhere.

Yep, also says he's an international somewhere which he is.

Darren Fletcher is on the bench for Man Utd tonight in a friendly against Aberdeen.

Any truth to the rumour he's actually on a camping toilet adjacent to the bench?

Terrible joke. As someone familiar to bad guts I hope he can make it back, would be a horrible way to end a good career.