Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

I know his condition... it still wasn't even remotely close to being humorous.

Which I already said. Machismos on the other hand was rather witty.

To follow up on Ben Arfa/Cabaye, do the resident Spurs fans reckon Sigurdsson will get much of a go, or does that depend heavily on whether Modric stays or not? He's cheap for fantasy teams and good for a goal if he actually plays.

Rio is still the man, he held the defense together last season after Vidic's injury- great partnership between him and Evans.

Agreed, showed some of his best form for a few years towards the end of last season. Hopefully we won't need to rely on him as much this season but he'll have a huge part to play in the first team. Same with Giggs and Scholes. If they all can play between 25-30 games then I think we'll get the best out of them.

Frank Lampard? That's who I immediately thought of reading it, probably not right though.

I don't think Frank Lampard is one to be writing about "when I played at the top level", past tense. Also, he has not been any club's record transfer.

Rio is still the man, he held the defense together last season after Vidic's injury- great partnership between him and Evans.

Agreed, showed some of his best form for a few years towards the end of last season. Hopefully we won't need to rely on him as much this season but he'll have a huge part to play in the first team. Same with Giggs and Scholes. If they all can play between 25-30 games then I think we'll get the best out of them.

He sure is quality, although from a United stand-point I always find myself worrying that he's too slow when someone is running at him with pace. He generally executes an awesome tackle at the right time, but it's certainly catching up with him. If you can rotate him in and out, that's probably the best thing to do with him. He's quite clearly a first-teamer, but I'd hope Jones (if he plays at CB, I'd rather a CDM position for him, but whatever.) and Smalling and someone who I'm probably forgetting can get themselves playing consistently in the first team. Totally no England bias here whatsoever though.

He sure is quality, although from a United stand-point I always find myself worrying that he's too slow when someone is running at him with pace. He generally executes an awesome tackle at the right time, but it's certainly catching up with him. If you can rotate him in and out, that's probably the best thing to do with him. He's quite clearly a first-teamer, but I'd hope Jones (if he plays at CB, I'd rather a CDM position for him, but whatever.) and Smalling and someone who I'm probably forgetting can get themselves playing consistently in the first team. Totally no England bias here whatsoever though.

I thought that was Evans role, to do all of Rios legwork. Also, last season Jones proved to be good, but can't last a full season. Haven't seen any Pre-Season so don't know how good Vidic is at the moment. Smalling is solid.

It's worth saying that alongside Fletcher on the bench were former United players Dwight Yorke and Clayton Blackmore, while current first-teamers Rio Ferdinand, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs all started.

w00t.gif

Blackmore must be about 50 now.