Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

I like how I know what's going on in this match because the Boro fans next door are going mental :shifty:

The Smoggies get excited watching proper football.

I'd have been happy with a draw, Spurs were easily the better side in the first half but they've chucked it away conceding that very soft penalty.

• Like 1

Typical start of the season scrappy game but well happy with three points when I expected a draw. Spurs are definitely missing a striker, any truth to the rumour Adebayors nailed on, they just didn't want to pay his wages prior to the season starting? Sounds weird, but heard from a Spurs supporting friend of a friend.

Edit: Forgot my key note from today, why does AVB dress like a PE teacher? And a PE teacher who's forgot his shirt and had to borrow a polo shirt from his much larger mate at that. The scruff.

Edited by Colly

Arsenal are really very good at passing the ball a lot. Not so good at incisive passes, and when they did manage one Giroud put it wide the big pansy.

We went and set up essentially 4-6-0 and played for a 0-0 draw. Boring and negative perhaps, but an away point against Arsenal is something to be proud with, and you get the same points for a draw whether you play scrappy football or stylish football - as I told a rather disgruntled opposition fan.

We really should have got battered, and on another day probably would have. Time to think about Reading at home next week. :)

Michu looks good, two class finishes so far. Swansea have been one of the best clubs in England at identifying a philosophy and carrying it from manager to manager - Sousa, Martinez, Rodgers and now Laudrup. Most clubs would probably hire Steve Bruce after Rodgers left <_<

Edited by Pesci