Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Massive win, didn't think we were gonna hold on in the end. Respect to Liverpool for making a game of it though, unlucky not to get something out of it. Just hope Arsenal can do us a favour now...

Better second half, bar that awful defending for the second. It's nice to have two strikers.

Never expected a win to be honest.

Lifeline for Liverpool. De Gea should've done better.

How exactly? The defender could have possibly done more but De Gea was at full stretch for that first save, he was just unfortunate that it fell to Sturridge.
I like De Gea a lot and am not one to blast him for every United goal like so many people tend to do, but I personally felt he could've pushed it wider than what he did. I wholeheartedly agree that Sturridge should've been tracked a lot better by Rafael though.

A 2-1 win is fair. Rodgers was afraid and timid in his tactics. Lucky to even have had a chance back into the game after how shit the first half was. Sturridge showed why he will be loved and hated... he's infuriating one moment, praised another. Gah!

Edited by Szumi

Welbeck was awful with the ball today, no idea how he got MotM. Carrick would be my pick.

And a big 'fuck you' to people like Redknapp, Savage, Souness and anyone else who blames De Gea for Sturridge's goal. He's at full stretch to make a good save, he pushes it to his right and Rafael just doesn't react. Where does anyone expect De Gea to push it? Towards the penalty spot? Ridiculous.

Anyway, crucial three points and now I can watch Arsenal vs. City without too much stress.

Redknapp came across so bitter in his 'analysis'. Blaming de Gea for the goal and saying he's not a "great goalkeeper" because he pushed the ball away at full stretch was ridiculous. Then he said Vidic was offside for the second goal when he was clearly behind Evra. Souness and Neville are obviously trying to be impartial in their punditry, he doesn't seem to bother with this at all.