Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Delph, what a silly boy. He should have just taken the yellow, without the effing and blinding at the referee. Could have had a second yellow from that, which would have been hilarious.

Also you have a top quality keeper in Guzan, because it probably should have been three or four.

He's banned for two games for a handball which happened due to a tussle.. of course he's mad.

You have a quality ref..it shoulda been 1-1.

Anyway..Shoulda been a draw. Ref decided otherwise. No bad word to say about the team other than Clark's error. Delph and Guzan especially were quality.

Cannot wait to visit Blackpool beach Arena next year.

Atrocious side.

I thought villa played quite well. It's not like you could have expected anything from the game :/

Pretty much this. I just wanted us to compete and we did. One mistake/trip cost us and one stonewall penalty not being given stole our chance of a great result.

We played well.

It was a penalty but you can see why the refs not given it, just too many bodies in the way and there's barely a shout from the stands. Unlucky, City unconvincing again.

Couldn't help but be amused at the City fans milking the 'championes' chant while they still can.

Cannot wait to visit Blackpool beach Arena next year.

Atrocious side.

Can you just stop posting until the end of the season? I stopped reading the Villa Facebook comments 'cause I was bored of the sheer tidal wave of negativity, instead I just see yours every time Villa are even mentioned. We haven't played 'badly' for a good few games now. 1-0 loss to the current champions and one of the richest teams in the world is nothing to cry about. The team is working hard and gelling. Calm down.

Yeah you guys are right. I apologise for the negativity regarding Villa. I just want one game where either a mistake don't cost us or a referee decision is correctly given (in this case the penalty).

It;s just so frustrating. The next two games we NEED 2 wins. There is no ifs or buts on that one.

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho appears to have hinted that he will not be replacing Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager in an interview with MUTV's Paddy Crerand.

Mourinho jokingly said he wanted Crerand to arrange a free annual subscription for the channel and Crerand said the only people who did not pay the £6 monthly fee were club employees.

To this, Mourinho replied: "There is no chance. I have to pay.

Crerand responded: "You never know. One day?"

"One day? Nah. I don't think so," Mourinho said.

"You never know? Life is strange," Crerand persisted.

"You never know, but I don't think so," Mourinho said, before changing the subject.

Otherwise known as drip-feeding Chelsea fans' innocent dreams until the summer.

I genuinely can't see Mourinho ever taking over at Utd under current or similar ownership despite what various journalists seem to think. Spending power just isn't there for him.

I can see Mourinho being a great fit for United. It will be interesting to see where Pep goes once he finished over at Bayern should he come to England.

Wonder what the odds are on Pepe managing City and Jose managing United?

• Admin

Leicester City could be on the verge of agreeing to sell Jeffrey Schlupp to Manchester United, reports BBC Radio Leicester.

Schlupp, 20, has been on trial with the Old Trafford club for more a month and featured in two under-21 games against Liverpool and West Ham last week.