Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

There's a nice little montage from MOTD2 showing sly kicks and late unpunished fouls. Not sure what the Parker thing was about, but it looked like a handshake refusal. Not a lot particularly but just a few more facets of the rich tapestry that is Luis Suarez - Noted Prick.

If they were going to sack him they should have done it in December when there was still a remote possibility a new manager could have helped.

It's frightening to think that, 33 days ago, he was Manager of the Month.

So depressing, but the vibe around the place after saturday wasn't great, he has seemingly lost the board and the dressing room. Shame, likable man and our 2nd most successful manager in history.

Thanks for all the hard work Brian, but the Prem is one step too far for your tactics.

We are down no matter who is in charge, I think the idea was that someone can bed in well and assess the squad for the championship next season, with the remote chance that they galvanise the team and actually get us out the bottom 3.

So depressing, but the vibe around the place after saturday wasn't great, he has seemingly lost the board and the dressing room. Shame, likable man and our 2nd most successful manager in history.

Thanks for all the hard work Brian, but the Prem is one step too far for your tactics.

We are down no matter who is in charge, I think the idea was that someone can bed in well and assess the squad for the championship next season, with the remote chance that they galvanise the team and actually get us out the bottom 3.

I wouldn't say you are down yet but I think depending on who you appoint will give the impression of whether the club are hoping someone can fix the problem and save you from relegation this season or as you said someone who'll be given time to implement their vision in a lower league and hopefully bounce straight back into the Prem.

Di Canio is the current hot thing because of what he has achieved at Swindon but I remember Paul Ince doing well at MK Dons then stepping up to Blackburn and doing shite. Personally I think Adkins would be a good appointment. Who do you think should get the job?

There's a few names that just never seem to be fashionable, Curbishley is always one and Martin O'Neill was out of work for longer than I expected, while the likes of Allardyce and Bruce just keep getting work. I actually don't think Steve McLaren is a terrible idea, but you don't get much more unfashionable than old ginger teeth.