Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

So, Hawkeye will be used in the Premier League from next season onwards.

I for one am looking forward to seeing which of Hawkeye or FIFAs German system fucks up first. Of course it'll take years to happen given the 3 or 4 goalline incidents per season, most of which the ref gets right anyway. Priorities.

I for one am looking forward to seeing which of Hawkeye or FIFAs German system fucks up first. Of course it'll take years to happen given the 3 or 4 goalline incidents per season, most of which the ref gets right anyway. Priorities.

There are more than that. Just because they aren't all really highly publicised - in fact they only ever really are when they are shown to be clearly over the line and it's not given or vice versa.

I know this includes stretching to the Football League (which I'm sure GLT will be used in soon enough anyway) but I remember at least half a dozen of these incidents in just the last couple of weeks alone. It happens more often than you might think.

There are more than that. Just because they aren't all really highly publicised - in fact they only ever really are when they are shown to be clearly over the line and it's not given or vice versa.

I know this includes stretching to the Football League (which I'm sure GLT will be used in soon enough anyway) but I remember at least half a dozen of these incidents in just the last couple of weeks alone. It happens more often than you might think.

Do you mean incidents where the ball has gone close to the line, or actual wrong decisions? Because I'd genuinely like to see some stats from someone.

One change from the draw with West Ham last week, Daniel Sturridge replaces Stewart Downing like-for-like.

Reading XI: McCarthy, Gunter, Morrison, Mariappa, Kelly, Karacan, Guthrie, McClearly, Hunt, McAnuff, Pogrebnyak

Subs: Taylor, Harte, Pearce, Carrico, Le Fondre, Blackman, Leigertwood

Liverpool XI: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Sturridge, Coutinho, Suarez
Subs: Jones, Coates, Skrtel, Shelvey, Assaidi, Suso, Downing

I find myself really rooting for Reading to stay up. Nigel Adtkins is such a likeable manager, I'd like to see him stay in the Premier League.

We are playing like a hybrid of Barcelona and Stoke. Play beautiful passes, but if you get skinned, take them out :shifty:

I am slightly worried about the lack of interest from Suarez recently. I am hoping it's down to him being frustrated at not scoring and not a sign of his impending departure.

A little wobbly in the attack as with last week, almost as though there's a "we'll score so let's not bother too much" mentality. I'd put that on the players around Suarez than Suarez since he can only deal with what he gets.