Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

A United fan on another forum i frequent just said the following when i asked why they did not join in the Petrov 19th minute applause:

Probably because it's a cringeworthy loads of bollocks.

The fucker isnt even dead.

Good mourning though, you get all the headlines with it which is obv the main objective.

TER-WAT!

Yeah, it's looking very unlikely that anybody other than Wigan or Villa will be going down. Norwich are plainly out of it and you'd probably back Sunderland or Newcastle to win at least one more game yet. Stoke's superior goal difference gives them a pretty big advantage as well. I'm hoping that somehow Villa and Wigan manage to leapfrog Stoke but if it comes down to it I'd rather Wigan stayed up. If Stoke lose every game they've got left, it wouldn't be too much of an ask for Villa to get four points and Wigan seven from five remaining games, especially given the way Wigan finished the season last year and not-too-bad fixtures against West Brom, Swansea and Villa still to come.

Conflicted emotions today. I am both optimistic and worried. A result will see us just three points behind Everton and we still have them to play at Anfield. 6th place could be up for grabs, which is roughly where we deserve to be. The "top 5" all have better squads than us, so I wouldn't argue any higher than that. I don't think I could handle the heartache of Torres scoring against us in a team managed by Rafa. That's just too much. We always bring our best against Chelsea though, so I'm hoping today is the same.

I'm extremely nervous. Last two City games we've been right in it up until the end when we concede. We really need a win to keep up the pressure of the top four, but it's going to be really tough. I would love to see Lennon & Bale starting or playing a part, but the last thing I wanna see is them limping off again or something - we absolutely need them both for the rest of the games, especially Chelsea.