Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Obviously you're going to be slightly biased being a Villa fan. Same as I'm going to be as a United fan, but I just can't see the reasoning behind putting anyone ahead of Suarez and Van Persie this season.

Out of curiosity, why put Benteke ahead of RVP instead of Suarez? Van Persie has more goals.

Pfft. Scoring for Man Utd is a piece of piss. Benteke has had to score goals when being supplied by Barry Bannan.

I'd have put Tiote in ahead of Carrick, tbh.

He's not even been in the top four Newcastle midfielders this season, let alone the league.

I feel Jagielka is a better choice than Ferdinand, even David Luiz. Bale deserved it, he was an absolute star this season, had some patchy games but he wrecked teams left and right. I hope he doesn't go to Spain, he could totally lead Spurs to glory

Obviously you're going to be slightly biased being a Villa fan. Same as I'm going to be as a United fan, but I just can't see the reasoning behind putting anyone ahead of Suarez and Van Persie this season.

Out of curiosity, why put Benteke ahead of RVP instead of Suarez? Van Persie has more goals.

Why? Because I like Benteke. I'm not that keen on RVP. I don't like his white hair.

I'd have put Clint Hill in there over Rio, too.

Again, I'm being super serious.

#AVFC: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar [c], Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, Sylla, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Benteke. #AVFCLIVE

#AVFC subs: Given, Holman, Lichaj, Bent, Bowery, N’Zogbia, Bannan. #AVFCLIVE

#SAFC: Mignolet, O’Shea [c], Cuellar, Rose, Bardsley, N’Diaye, Larsson, Gardner, Sessegnon, Johnson, Graham. #AVFCLIVE

#SAFC subs: Westwood, Kilgallon, Colback, Vaughan, Mangane, McClean, Mandron. #AVFCLIVE

Bit perplexed as to why Clark is not on the bench. We have no spare CB now.

The PFA Team of the Year is pretty sweet. I'd probably put Michu in ahead of Hazard and the central defence doesn't seem right, but it's a lot less objectionable than usual.

With regards to the Villa/Sunderland game, I just want football to win :shifty:

I can see this being a batshit mental game so hopefully it delivers.