Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

What's Carlos Quieroz doing these days?

Wasn't he managing Iran at one point? Might still be there

Never thought the day would come but you have to respect his decision. He's done so much for the club, us fans owe him a massive debt of gratitude. His kind will never be seen again.

• Like 1

This is just massive news. Wow. His replacement has a hell of a job. They had stability and consistency for so long losing that could be bad. Especially if they cycle through a few managers due to poor performances.

Have to say that if Mourinho goes to United than it's a massive mismanagement of situation by the Chelsea board - and I don't mean in terms of who they get as our new manager.

The rumours have been rolling for weeks about Mourinho returning to Chelsea. The papers have got behind it, the fans have (mostly) come to believe it. Either way, the Chelsea board will have known for weeks/months what the real situation is. If they knew that Mourinho wasn't coming here then they should have done something to nip the talk in the bud. As it is, the fallout amongst Chelsea fans who have got their hopes up would be staggering.

But of course, it's impossible to pose a rhetorical question of "surely the Chelsea board couldn't have mismanaged it THAT badly" whilst maintaining a straight face...

• Like 1

Genuinely in shock. I doubt his managerial record will ever be topped. A true legend and he's really earned the right to retire. It will be an interesting, and weird, next season without Fergie in the Premier League.

It has to be Mourinho. He can come in and work his usual magic, the fans will love him. Probably won't be a long term fix, 3 or 4 seasons maybe but it'll make the transition from Sir Alex easier. Then we can look to someone like Moyes.

• Like 1

I don't know what to believe any more. Like someone else said in here, I just assumed he's just keep going forever and ever. :(

I don't get why everyone thinks it has to be Mourinho though. He's a collector more than anything, he hasn't stayed at a club for more than a handful of seasons, hardly in the Ferguson mould of loyalty and commitment. He'd be a great short-term appointment obviously but I think Jurgen Klopp is the only man for the job, apart from maaaaaaaaybe Moyes.

Klopp would be tricky if only because supposedly they intend to announce "within days", which most would interpret as being prior to the Champions League final.

It was hardly his choice to not stick around at Chelsea now. If he keeps winning trophies, he'll stay.