Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

What an emotional day. So glad we gave Sir Alex the send off he deserves. Proud to be a United fan and I'm looking forward to the new chapter in our club's history. I don't think I've ever been so exited for a new season to start.

As for Rooney, I still hope he stays but if he wants to leave then we must let him. There's no point having someone at the club who doesn't want to be there. I love the guy but nobody is bigger than the club.

• Like 1

I'm happy with that team. I think AVB has chosen wisely. We need physical strength against Stoke. Get Vertonghen out wide to deal with any attacks down the wing. Get Caulker and Defoe as big men in the middle to deal with Crouch. As much as I love BAE he's just not physical enough for this sort of game.

Dempsey instead of Holtby is an attacking move which I like and he's tenacious, runs at defences and draws free kicks around the edge of the box. Adebayor is very strong and if he can have half the game he had against Chelsea then we're in for another good display.

:huh:

That was meant to be Dawson. I even read it through before I posted it. How ridiculous.