Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Handshakes are much like the act of spitting at someone in my opinion, we seem to have elevated them to some sort of higher level of purpose than what they really are. If you don't want to shake hands with someone, don't shake their hand - then again you could just shake it and forget about it because it really is an irrelevant aspect that doesn't matter whatsoever. Still, it seems to sell newspapers and interest the public so it'll continue to be made a big deal of.

Whatever the outcome I'm sure Mark Hughes will have something to say about it. He is basically the authority of being irrationally angry over handshakes.

Edited by IAceI

Spitting at someone is one of the vilest actions you can do in this kind of situation surely?

And I'm glad the handshake is staying, would be foolish to scrap it just because it has become an issue about three times. Besides Bridge/Terry, Terry/Ferdinand and Suarez/Evra, when has anyone ever had a problem shaking the opposition's hand?

• Like 1

Spitting at someone is one of the vilest actions you can do in this kind of situation surely?

And I'm glad the handshake is staying, would be foolish to scrap it just because it has become an issue about three times. Besides Bridge/Terry, Terry/Ferdinand and Suarez/Evra, when has anyone ever had a problem shaking the opposition's hand?

Nasri and Gallas? Am I imagining that? I agree though, if people can shake Joey Bartons hand it can't be that bad.

Or make it an either or, handshake or spit depending on your opinion of the person!

Handshakes are much like the act of spitting at someone in my opinion, we seem to have elevated them to some sort of higher level of purpose than what they really are.

Crazy talk.

Spitting at someone is about as low as it gets.

It isn't though. Spit on or break a leg? Give me the phlegm every time. It's a boneheaded move and a low thing to do, but it isn't nearly the travesty that people seem to think it is.

And I didn't say/mean that they should spit at each other, simply that both acts are made out to be much more important than they really are.

Middle of September and I finally get to go to my first home league match of the season. Hopefully a good atmosphere against Liverpool for what will probably be a rather emotional match for them given the past week. 4 points off them last season so no reason why we can't beat them at home again this season since they've had a pretty poor start.

We're away, which is not a good thing. I can only hope that we play better in this away game than our others this season.

We play good football but our attacking, patience, and mentality are shaky.

United team vs Wigan: Lindegaard, Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Buttner, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Hernandez, Welbeck

Subs: De Gea, Evans, Valencia, Van Persie, Cleverley, Powell, Kagawa

Buttner debut, RVP on the bench as expected.

Edited by Starvinho

Chelsea team v QPR: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Bertrand, Torres.

Subs: Turnbull, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Romeu, Oscar, Moses, Sturridge

Mata has only just got back after his holiday (that he was given this last fortnight, having not had a break all summer) so really the only question was whether his replacement would be Bertrand or a debut for Moses/first start for Oscar. RDM seems to have gone for the more conservative choice.

Have to laugh at Chelsea TV. They're debuting a new show for away games called "Wherever They May Be", which is essentially Soccer Saturday except with more focus on the Chelsea game of course, and ex-Chelsea pundits (Tommy Langley and Kerry Dixon this week). Will probably be a bit shit, but I'm giving it a chance.

Anyway, it amuses me to hear them say "...we're the BEST PLACE to get live updates on the game as well as all the other matches in the Premier League, Soccer Saturday style". Except perhaps for Soccer Saturday itself, eh lads?