NBA 2012-13 Thread

They're not going to Atlanta. Come on now.

It's one of those things that makes logistical sense (Hawks have the cash, Dwight was born in Atlanta, etc.), but likely won't work out because it's Atlanta, lol.

Lots of things have to come together to make it happen:

-Smith has to resign, since he has ties to Howard.

-What happens to Horford?

-Who do you put around these guys for depth? Is anyone really going to think of two headcases (Smith & Howard) and an alleged "coach-killer" (Paul, though I'm not sure I buy that just yet) as a "Big Three"?

Jay-Z has no association with the Nets anymore.

He's got a lot of athletes signed to his agency already. It's not surprising, he's an incredibly influential guy. I've gathered that a lot of his work as a sports agent is to lure people to his agency, and have a team of likely more-talented sports agents work with them while he is the charismatic face of the company. Plus, Jay-Z is money when it comes to endorsements. And that's the biggest reason players are probably signing with him.

So Hollins is officially out in Memphis. Not sure it's the greatest move, but the new front office understandably wants their own guy. Props to him for whipping the team into shape over the years. Word is that they're looking at one of our assistants, Dave Joerger, who's coached and won title in the D-League, CBA, and IBA and been with the squad as long as Hollins. I just pray they don't hire George Karl.

Edited by HeadCheese