NBA 2012-13 Thread

Magic Johnson is saying the Knicks will be a championship caliber team because they picked up Metta World Peace. :lol:

Frankly, I'm glad the Lakers let him go. And the Knicks are more than welcome to take Mike D'Antoni back, as far as I'm concerned.

We'll see, weird thing is, I went on to my local sports site thinking "Wonder if the Pistons made any moves today" without knowing.

Jennings numbers are better than Knights, though Knight may not have hit his full potential yet. Problem with Knight is that he has not shown any ability to play PG (though we thought Chauncey may have helped with that) and that's what we were looking to acquire. For a starting PG, his assist numbers were awful, but it's hard to say. He's very young still and may have more room for improvement, but I don't hate the move in the respect that Jennings is probably a better PG right now and has shown some play making ability. At the same time, Knight hasn't necessarily progressed as hoped but it's only his third year at this point.

It also cleared up the roster a bit, as Kris Middleton and Slava Krastov were thrown in with Knight. Middleton could turnout to be a steal, a lot of folks are very high on him. This should open the door for the Pistons to sign their other second rounder Peyton Siva, he was impressive in the summer league running the point. He was efficient, didn't turn the ball over, and is a nice developmental player to have on the roster.

Much as I admired Knight's toughness (seriously, he was laughed at when he got dunked on by Deandre Jordan, but the fucking guy is 6'3, I give him credit for even trying to challenge a center like that), I just don't see this trade being anything worse than a wash.

Mavericks have also signed DeJuan Blair. I like the pickup. He'll fit better than Brand did because he is much more of a pick and roll than a pick and pop guy. I actually don't mind this Mavericks team. it is substantially better than last years' squad. Let Carlisle do his work with the guys and I could see us winning a playoff series.