NBA 2012-13 Thread

I tought Monta Ellis was between the Grizzlies and the Bobcats.

Speaking for Memphis, they cannot afford, nor do they need Monta Ellis. He mentioned wanting to come here because it's a playoff team, and he's from the area. I haven't heard anything about Memphis even being the slightest bit interested.

Edited by HeadCheese
  • Like 1

Andrei Kirilenko signs a two year deal with the Nets... $3.1 million first year, player option the second... Why he would opt out of a $10 million contract I have no clue, he was never going to get that much on the open market... Same goes for Monta Ellis, it just screams greedy to me from him why he wouldn't accept a 3yr-$36 mill extension but wants a 4yr-$40 mill deal, which would see him make less money a year, go figure... He doesn't end up with what he wants so fire his agent lol I think Ellis will be lucky if he ends up with the same kind of contract Redick or Kevin Martin signed tbh...

Another great move for the Nets this offseason and they're putting together quite a roster at this point in time... I'm really interested to see how they all gel together...

That Bargnani trade is awesome for the Raptors, and I live an hour away from Toronto. To get real assets in draft picks is good, and Novak can be a useful player.

I like the Bynum deal. Its a low risk deal that doesn't have a lot of guaranteed money on it, but if he is healthy, that team could be dangerous.

• Like 1

I think he'll do well with New York. He's not going to be asked to do everything Toronto needed/wanted him to do so as long as he shoots well, he should fit in pretty well. I'm not sure it's enough to make the team significantly better but it definitely doesn't make them worse.

I think that Bargnani can be very good, but he looked lethargic and out of shape last season. If the Knicks can get him in shape and focused, then Bargnani will be a solid piece for them.

This trade could make the Knicks better short term, and the Knicks are all or nothing next year, with an uphill climb to be able to even challenge Miami. Taking a flyer on a player who could still break out isn't a bad move for them if he fits in with Melo. This could be a great win-win trade. Raptors already won though, Bargnani's going to have to step up huge for Knicks fans to be happy about this.

Rip can go back to Detroit. Billups is back, and Rasheed is coaching on the staff now. They just gotta get Tayshaun back from Memphis and talk Ben Wallace into coming out of retirement. :w00t: