NBA 2012-13 Thread

Devin Harris returns to the Mavs. 3 yrs/$9M

I don't really ''get'' why Cuban has gone for Devin Harris.

With José Calderón pegged as the starting PG, and with Larkin probably becoming 2nd to learn from Calderon I don't see where Harris would fit in.

He doesn't score as much as he did 6 years ago and he doesn't get as much assists as he did back then.

Granted, if there is one team that can revive a career it's with the Mavs, but you would think Cuban would rather throw those 3M a year towards a new center instead. Or at least try to get a swingman to cover VC and Shawn...

I like Jack to Cleveland because it actually gives them an option to go to with Kyrie on the bench, or even alongside him with a combo guard look on the floor. I don't like Josh Smith going to Detroit though. He's just moving from one average team to another and I don't really think he adds all that much to them tbh. Smith is just a slightly above average player with athletic ability and he really needs someone to be that #1 guy in order to break through in the playoffs. I could see Boston finishing ahead of them if they try this year with the roster they have now of Rondo-Brooks-Wallace/Green-Bass-Humphries.

Yah Jack to Cleveland is a great great move. Jack plays awesome on and off ball I'm a huge fan of his game. They can play two guard sets with him and Kyrie or run him with the Bench or if Kyrie gets hurt him and Waiters are still a respectable backcourt. Some say they slightly over payed I think it's a good deal overall. I think Cleveland has a very real chance of getting to the playoffs this year. First key factor is Irving's health. If he can play 75% of the season I think that's a great omen. Second is Bennett. If he can be good to great as a Rookie this team goes from average to extremely solid so fast. I don't know if he'll more of a 3 or more of a 4. I don't know if he is quick enough for the 3 or big enough for the 4. We'll see though.

Peace, Dwight.

Lakers will reload. This year will be rough, but the Lakers will be in the lottery, and have a ton of money next year, Can't win them all.

Dodged a bullet with Dwight to be honest. Lakers would be best off reloading as they did in the mid-90s. They're gonna have a bad year just in time for a super deep draft. Kind of like the year they got Kobe.

Peace, Dwight.

Lakers will reload. This year will be rough, but the Lakers will be in the lottery, and have a ton of money next year, Can't win them all.

Dodged a bullet with Dwight to be honest. Lakers would be best off reloading as they did in the mid-90s. They're gonna have a bad year just in time for a super deep draft. Kind of like the year they got Kobe.

The Lakers were a 50 win team with a top 4 seed that year. They got Kobe by trading Vlade Divac for him.

Peace, Dwight.

Does L.A. even have a first rounder this upcoming year? I thought they'd traded away almost all of their upcoming picks.

Great. Now I can't wait for LA and Boston to somehow end up winning the lottery and getting the #1 and #2 picks respectively. Lakers get Wiggins, Celtics get Parker, and the draft lottery is totally legit. <_<

Peace, Dwight.

The Lakers were a 50 win team with a top 4 seed that year. They got Kobe by trading Vlade Divac for him.

I stand corrected. They did have a bad year when they got Bynum though, I was mixing them up.

Devin Harris returns to the Mavs. 3 yrs/$9M

I don't really ''get'' why Cuban has gone for Devin Harris.

With José Calderón pegged as the starting PG, and with Larkin probably becoming 2nd to learn from Calderon I don't see where Harris would fit in.

He doesn't score as much as he did 6 years ago and he doesn't get as much assists as he did back then.

Granted, if there is one team that can revive a career it's with the Mavs, but you would think Cuban would rather throw those 3M a year towards a new center instead. Or at least try to get a swingman to cover VC and Shawn...

I've heard he'll see most of his playing time at SG. I don't know if he or Carter will start, but either way, he's a quality depth guy for both the SG and PG positions. He can't be much worse than Collison was last year.

As for the Bynum talk, I think the team that ends up giving him the most guaranteed money will get him. I've heard the Mavs could offer him a pretty lucrative deal, but completely protected with some injury clauses. I've heard Cleveland is willing to give alot of guaranteed money for a one year contract, like the Mavs offered Tyson Chandler before he left.

Houston seems to be nixing any Amir-to-Atlanta talk, which meh, alright, cool. Hawks may be trading Teague (a RFA) to Milwaukee for Brandon Jennings (a RFA). Depending on coin, that could be a decent move. Gotta figure out something at point, though.

You mixed Omer Asik's name and got Amir :P

Anyway I'd rather have Teague than Jennings, to be honest, but right now ATL needs a change and I guess Jennings brings the points, albeit inefficiently. (At least Millsap and Horford will be down low to grab those OREB's) :pervert:

EDIT: Also, I guess the Darren Collison-to-the-Clippers deal went under the radar? I know he underperformed for the Mavs at times but oh MAN it looks like the Clippers won't be missing Eric Bledsoe anytime soon.

Edited by michgcs
  • Like 1

Heh, yeah. Goes to show just how much I really wanted that trade to happen :shifty:

Teague for Jennings seems a lateral move if the money remains similar. It's like the brass in Atlanta still want to go with the Joe Johnson/Josh Smith "I SHOOT ALL THE BALLS, NOBODY ELSE" mentality, only now with Jennings and Williams. Though, hell, you could argue that was the mentality dating back to Mookie Blaylock/Steve Smith and Wilkins/Webb.

Edit: Damn. Turns out I remember the entire starting five from '95/'96. And remember when Toni Kukoc was slated to be Atlanta's savior?! Still can't remember if that was really real or if my NBA Live game was just getting crrrrazy.

Cleveland has entered discussions with Andrew Bynum.

DALLAS MIGHT DODGE A BULLET MAXX!

That depends on his willingness to sign a one year deal as that's all that Cleveland will offer in order to keep the cap space they want for next year's FA class. If he's even remotely healthy, I think it would be a good move for them.

He's not remotely healthy. When the Philadelphia sports media has no idea what's wrong with him that's a bad sign. A one year deal would be fine though, and saves Dallas from a potential albatross even though they have apparently put in pieces of the contract to reduce pay if he is hurt forever (which is probable).

Memphis apparently offered a one year, 900k deal to some Italian player named Luigi Datome. No idea if he'll accept, but if he can shoot then welcome aboard.

I would've said it was pretty possible before they re-hired Mike Brown but now that he's the coach, I doubt it. He's not the only (potential) free agent next year though, so Cleveland would be wise to keep that cap room regardless. Playing next a budding superstar like Irving could be quite appealing.