NBA 2012-13 Thread

Jefferson on the Bobcats alone makes them a contender for the 8th seed in the East. Just a contender though.

Really? I can't even name anyone on this team outside if Michael Jordan.

The East is really bad. Milwaukee got worse and Boston's out of it now (maybe, actually). That's two spots left over. Someone has to get them.

Jefferson on the Bobcats alone makes them a contender for the 8th seed in the East. Just a contender though.

Do you not pay attention to basketball then? Because both Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist weren't exactly nobodies coming into the league.

That said, it's also not like the East is stacked or anything. I mean, the Bucks made it with a sub-.500 record last year.

• Like 1

Do you not pay attention to basketball then? Because both Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist weren't exactly nobodies coming into the league.

That said, it's also not like the East is stacked or anything. I mean, the Bucks made it with a sub-.500 record last year.

I do, that's why I have no clue about the Bobcats. <_<

But I really don't see them in the playoffs, if anything I can see the Wizards, Cavs, and Pistons/Hawks (a lot of cap space) taking the spots of Boston and Milwaukee. Wall and the Wizards played well towards the second half and the Cavs have a lot more potential to make it than the Bobcats.

I see Cleveland sneaking in before Charlotte.

Does not really matter anyway. NBA should cut their playoffs down to Top-4 in each conference.

Probably not a good idea, as the West had about five or six 50-plus win teams this past season, but it does suck that a losing team like the Bucks got in the playoffs because the Eastern Conference blows.The post-season is way too long, and I think that first round and possibly the second should be best of five, but the league looks at it as more revenue for them so it probably will never happen.

Edited by HeadCheese
  • Like 1

I do, that's why I have no clue about the Bobcats. <_<

But I really don't see them in the playoffs, if anything I can see the Wizards, Cavs, and Pistons/Hawks (a lot of cap space) taking the spots of Boston and Milwaukee. Wall and the Wizards played well towards the second half and the Cavs have a lot more potential to make it than the Bobcats.

As the only person who watches the Wizards here, let me say that the Wall/Beal combo is good enough to contend for a playoff spot in the East. But Cleveland is definitely ahead of them, and Atlanta might not be going anywhere despite their retooling effort this offseason.

Probably not a good idea, as the West had about five or six 50-plus win teams this past season, but it does suck that a losing team like the Bucks got in the playoffs because the Eastern Conference blows.The post-season is way too long, and I think that first round and possibly the second should be best of five, but the league looks at it as more revenue for them so it probably will never happen.

I know business wise why they won't, but when is the last time a 5, 6, 7, or 8 seed even made the finals? That's why I say cut it to four teams in each conference. It will shorten the playoffs by two or three weeks, every match-up should be a good one, and you will never get sub-500 teams in there.

I know business wise why they won't, but when is the last time a 5, 6, 7, or 8 seed even made the finals? That's why I say cut it to four teams in each conference. It will shorten the playoffs by two or three weeks, every match-up should be a good one, and you will never get sub-500 teams in there.

That would only be fair if you took into account the top 8 teams in the entire league, not just the top four from each conference. For example, if that had happened this year the playoffs would have been had the 54-28 New York Knicks, 49-32 Indiana Pacers, and the 49-33 Brooklyn Nets in over the 56-26 Memphis Grizzlies. This is much less of an issue when you have 8 seeds. Less games makes sense as opposed to less teams. Honestly, the NBA doesn't really need conferences. The division title are worthless, and it fucks up the playoff system.

On the subject of Bynum, that guy is such an ass clown. Seriously, the entire city of Philadelphia owes him a swift kick to the nuts.

Edited by HeadCheese

On Wall/Beal, I like Wall and he has all the potential in the world still, but his good run this year did feel like a contract year push to me and the story around was about him saying he deserved a max.

Jefferson, offensively, is one of the more underrated bigs in the league.

I always thought making the NBA playoffs NFL style, 12 teams, 4 teams get a bye, was optimal.

Its the way every sport has operated its playoffs for decades. Some teams in the American League have a better record than a team in the National League, but still may not make the playoffsbecause of tougher competition in the conference. Its how it works now in the NBA. That arguement does not hurt my suggestion. If you cannot finish in the top four in your conference after 82 games, maybe you do not deserve a shot at a championship?

I do agree that divisions are worthless and need to go, though.

Its the way every sport has operated its playoffs for decades. Some teams in the American League have a better record than a team in the National League, but still may not make the playoffsbecause of tougher competition in the conference. Its how it works now in the NBA. That arguement does not hurt my suggestion. If you cannot finish in the top four in your conference after 82 games, maybe you do not deserve a shot at a championship?

I do agree that divisions are worthless and need to go, though.

Your raise a good point, but even the MLB now allows ten teams instead of only eight, even if four of them play in one game Wildcard matches. If the NBA used a format similar to MLB's, I would be in favor of it. (Minus the division winners getting automatic berths)

On Wall/Beal, I like Wall and he has all the potential in the world still, but his good run this year did feel like a contract year push to me and the story around was about him saying he deserved a max.

Wall is a guy who has a ton of talent but can't convert that into wins and leadership, it's my big criticism of him. He could get a max from somewhere though, when you look at what he can do individually he looks really, really good. I think Beal is about to emerge as the best player on the team, he just seems much more complete and puts his talent into better use on the court.

The Pistons have met with Josh Smith, he is apparently their first priority in free agency. They also would like to target Andre Iguodala and bring back Jose Calderon.

I've also heard some weird rumors about us trading Greg Monroe for Rajon Rondo, and even some random ass rumor of a sign and trade for Jeremy Linn.

Whatever happens, I hope it's the right moves to get us back in the right direction. I'm most excited to see how well Andre Drummond progresses next year, much of our success will hinge on how much he improves. He could be a potential all-star center for us.