NBA 2012-13 Thread

Man, that Bill Simmons/Doc Rivers exchange was awkward. After Doc heard Simmons said he quit on the Celtics, he pretty much called him an idiot. Simmons looked like his feelings were hurt, haha.

• Like 1

All I care about is the Patriot League getting represented. I lived in Bethlehem for two years, and grew up right next to Bucknell, so seeing McCollum and Muscala go in the draft is awesome. So happy for both players and universities. This is the first time Bucknell will have a player in the NBA, I do believe.

Sixers trade is the right move. Doesn't matter if Noel is a total bust it's still the right move similar to how I think the Bynum trade was basically the right move minus the injury. Only thing that's a crying shame was losing Vuc. We need to compete or rebuild. Bynum was the path to being a solid playoff contender but that's obviously no longer feasible with his knees and his utter apathy towards the team.

We'll be trotting out a lineup of MCW-Turner-Young-Hawes/Moultrie(Rest vets give the young guys some burn)-Kwame/Noel when healthy. That's good enough to be one of the worst teams in the league for sure. 2014 class is stacked. Two top 10 picks with a shot of one being top 5 (Pleasegodwiggins). Dumping Jrue's pretty much fair 11m for two Rookie deals. It's just smart stuff. Thank you based Hinkie.

Jrue is a baller though. Straight up. Sucks to see him go but it's the right move. He's a 23 year old All Star point guard who can shoot, slash and distribute. The thing is unlike big men there is an abundance of good young PGs in the NBA. He's awesome but replaceable. I think he can really shine on the Pelicans though. Holiday, Gordon, Davis, Anderson will be some fun basketball to watch if they can all stay healthy.

I think Bennet wasn't the right pick. They already have a good Canadian 4 why add another? I think Bennet will be a good pro, not spectacular, but with Cleveland's real needs on the wing I just don't like it. Bennet would have been a more reasonable pick at the 3-4 spot. I think Otto would have been great on the Cavs.

Also, Szumi I am so sorry. That must have been awful.

Edited by rocksta

And you'd want to hope the Pelicans pick doesn't fall in the top 5 as its protected there and you'll miss out on the pick altogether!

It's actually top 3 protected, so Philly could get the fourth pick in a stacked draft, as well as a big with potential in Nerlens. Meanwhile, New Orleans gets an all-star. Seems like a fair trade to me.

Bennett going first was definitely the WTF pick of the night, Noel and Porter would have been better choices.

Oh, well my bad then. They were saying 1-3 protected on tv last night. I guess the details weren't fully hashed out then. I'd still say it's a decent deal, given how stacked the 2014 draft is supposed to be.

Edited by HeadCheese