NBA 2012-13 Thread

February makes it 30 years for him, which is why. Oh, and Maxx is right. The league can't veto it, but reports say they won't approve any other trade between Boston/L.A. for the rest of the summer, so they won't get Garnett or Pierce.

It's draft day! Dwight Howard is unlikely to resign with the Lakers! The Nets and Celtics are talking about a trade featuring Garnett and Pierce!

It's draft day! Dwight Howard is unlikely to resign with the Lakers! The Nets and Celtics are talking about a trade featuring Garnett and Pierce!

That trade rumor seems pretty terrible for Boston. That's 3 years of Gerald Wallace at 10 million a year to deal with.

I also don't really believe that about Dwight either. There's going to be a lot of back and forth on that.

I think Dwight is good as gone, but people seem to have a hard time believing someone would willingly leave "THE" Lakers. I mean what incentive does he have to stay? A few extra dollars that would be eaten up in California taxes? The team is old and tired, and it's not in shape to contend for anything anytime soon. I also seem to remember him not being exited about being traded there in the first place last year. His best bet would be to go to Houston, where he could take them from eight seed to title contender. If he stays with the Lakers, he's asking for more of the same just like last year.

Edited by HeadCheese

Dwight leaving the Lakers would be the best thing that could happen to LA. You don't want to build your future around a guy who clearly isn't what he once was. I get serious Larry Johnson vibes from him right now.

And word is the Cavs are debating between Noel and Len. I watched Len at Maryland and he didn't set the world on fire, I don't know where Noel fits in on a team in today's NBA. It's one of the weakest draft classes ever. The only player I really think is gonna emerge a star is Oladipo, at least out of the "big" names. There might be a steal or two further down in the 1st round or 2nd round.

Amazingly happy that the Dwight-to-Atlanta rumors died down. Horford's cheaper and better. I'd love it if we could nab CP3, but that still doesn't address finding a good replacement at SF. I'd almost argue that if Korver would be cheaper than what Smith made last year, I'd take him.

Which I understand. It's a win-win for Rivers and Paul. Atlanta would still need that superstar level guy, which I really don't feel like you can get at SF right now. Pierce is old, anyone else would be impossible to trade for and the free agent market at that spot is rather meh. As for the point, Calderon or Tyreke Evans would be interesting if not unspectacular grabs (Evans would potentially be worth it if he came in under the $11M Calderon got last year.)

Despite the initial excitement, I do sense that this will be the rebuilding year for the Hawks. Hopefully they'll focus on the long term with their two first rounders (word is they'll trade up) and start building up a younger, quicker team with their collective heads on straight.

The Nets deal seems pretty serious now. Humphries, Wallace, Evans, and a boat load of firsts for KG, Pierce, and Terry. As a Nets fan I don't mind it because it puts us as an instant threat for next year and if it doesn't work and Pierce and KG retire/leave after one year we'll have a lot of cap space for the next LeBron-fest that we'll get our hopes up for. <_<

I'm hoping for Trey Burke for the Pistons, but I'm not sure if he'll actually be there at 8. I'd also be sad if Burke was there and we didn't take them. That's always a fear for fans, the guy the fans want is there, but their team passes. It does sound like Joe Dumars and Burke have a good relationship, we need a tough PG, and it may actually help ticket sales (Burke's very popular here, and I think a lot of fans, especially Michigan fans, would come out to the Palace for him).