NBA 2012-13 Thread

Yeah, I don't really understand why Celtics fans are whining so much about the rebuild. Sure, they'll suck for a while(oh, the horror!), but if they draft right and mix it with smart signings they'll be back in title contention in no time. Why keep Garnett, Pierce, and co. for one last half-assed run for the eight seed, when they can get something in return by trading them? I've never been much of a Rondo fan either, for that matter.

Edited by HeadCheese

Another trade being worked on, and maybe close to finalized, is Bargnani to the Knicks. This is a real good trade for them, their lack of size killed them last year. Raptors are expected to get picks, Novak, and Camby. I wouldn't be surprised to see Camby retire though as a member of a team with no championship prospects.

Another trade being worked on, and maybe close to finalized, is Bargnani to the Knicks. This is a real good trade for them, their lack of size killed them last year. Raptors are expected to get picks, Novak, and Camby. I wouldn't be surprised to see Camby retire though as a member of a team with no championship prospects.

Bargnani is a guard in a 7 foot body. Saying it's a really good trade for them is a stretch. He's a soft big man who is oft-injured (much like Amar'e). I don't see this move helping them much

It's also pretty telling that Raptors fans are thrilled to get rid of him.

• Like 1

Bargnani is a guard in a 7 foot body. Saying it's a really good trade for them is a stretch. He's a soft big man who is oft-injured (much like Amar'e). I don't see this move helping them much

It's also pretty telling that Raptors fans are thrilled to get rid of him.

Let's put it this way, they're better than they were before the trade. The team was going nowhere but down without adding something or the other.

Hawks throw a prelim offer to Teague, which as long as it's not stupid amounts of money, would be a decent move. Pretty big dropoff from Paul to the next available PGs, so bringing back Teague would be okay.

...and they're rumored to be meeting with Howard today. No way in hell they land him.

I wonder if the "recruitment" message Kobe and Nash sent to Dwight was them talking about how he should stay with the Lakers but he'd be real happy in Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, etc. were he to decide to leave. Then Nash and Kobe go on about how they're both looking forward to retirement in a couple of years.

Hawks throw a prelim offer to Teague, which as long as it's not stupid amounts of money, would be a decent move. Pretty big dropoff from Paul to the next available PGs, so bringing back Teague would be okay.

...and they're rumored to be meeting with Howard today. No way in hell they land him.

They probably should have just drafted him when they had the chance.

Looks like Kevin Martin might be leaving OKC, making that Harden trade even worse than it already was.