NBA 2012-13 Thread

The Mavericks have been informed they're out of the Howard sweepstakes, because we'll never sign a big name free agent ever.

I don't find this at all surprising... I thought surprising would have been him resigning with the Lakers... He pretty much has said all along that he didn't want to play with Kobe and under D'Antoni...

Houston are trying to swing a sign and trade now for Josh Smith with Omer Asik been one of the pieces moving and the Hawks are biting...

• Like 1

Howard is holding out for a televised special on ESPN to announce who he's decided to play for. :shifty:

Even if he really did, it would be pointless as he'd probably flip flop on it a few seconds later. Considering he's handled this so poorly, there's almost no chance of his decision not pissing off an entire city, whether that be L.A. or Houston. Part of me thinks he's doing this for leverage to get D'Antoni canned. That, or he wants L.A to agree to a sign-and-trade with Houston so he can get that extra 30 million, which they've been pretty vehement about not doing unless it's with Golden State for Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes.

Edited by HeadCheese

ESPN reporting he's joining Rockets for sure. Apparently Howard told Stephen A. Smith himself.

Edited by HeadCheese
  • Like 1

I don't understand why the mavericks didn't make a run at Brandon Jennings... Instead they got Jose Calderon for 4yrs-$29 million... I personally think that is a waste of money but meh I'm not a Mavs fan either so doesn't bother me lol...

Calderon is a way better fit than Jennings would have been here. If we could get Asik, I'd like that move as well. We just don't have anything worth giving Houston, unless they make it a salary dump. Asik-Dirk-Marion-Carter-Calderon with Wright, Brand, Crowder, Larkin, Morrow and Beaubois is definitely good enough to make the playoffs. That squad could probably climb as high as 5, maybe even 4. Definitely not a title contender, though.

Rumors around that Chicago are trying to sign Monta Ellis. Hopefully they can get something going. Maybe Hinrich goes somewhere to make room for Ellis? I think Deng is still of value, but Hinrich's full of injuries and would do better elsewhere.

Chicago definitely needs the offensive help, even with Rose coming back. Hinrich would make a good backup to both Rose and Ellis, though. If they could manage to keep him, and let Nate walk, I'd do that. Marcus Teague showed he isn't ready to handle the offense while Rose is resting, which he should do alot of early in the season.

Looks like all the dudes Detroit were interested in are off the table, oh well. I'm not too concerned with missing out on Igoudala, or not getting Calderon back.

I like that we are nor getting stuck with any silly contracts, but it would he nice to see Joe get a few guys that could help. Perhaps Corey Brewer, decent SF that can play D, isn't that old, and wouldn't command a ton of money.

I really hope we don't bring Jason Maxiell back or give Will Bynum a stupid contract.