The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Cor, that tackle by Lloris was nice. The goal not so much, horrible defending for that. Vertonghen as guilty as Rose for just marking space.

It's gonna take a while for this team to get used to each, but there's just not enough penetration in the team. When we go forward, we look like we just get stuck on the edge of their box, Townsend's the only one making stuff happen, and he has a tendency to shoot maybe a little too often. But we are usually pretty poor in first half's, so we'll see how this goes.

I don't think a midfield containing Giggs, Carrick and Cleverley is dynamic enough for Utd. Two of the three is fine, but not all.

Totally agree. They need someone to actually create something. I can't believe I'm watching Man United play like Everton. I mean. I can, because it's Moyes. But when you have United's talent pool you don't need to, and shouldn't ever, play like Everton.

I take it you haven't watched us play over the last few years?

I saw you play a couple of times last year - not a lot, a couple. They were really really impressive.

So far we're only three games in and we're barely playing different to what we did for the last season or two under Fergie. It's quite comical seeing this ridiculous notion that Moyes is turning us into Everton when this is actually how we've been playing most of the time. If anything I'd say we're actually pressing the ball better under Moyes. We've just lacked in the final third in the last two games, but for me that's down to the attackers rather than Moyes.

We'll improve and in all honesty while it's always gutting to lose to Liverpool, I'm still confident going forward. Just need to get our attackers on form and we'll be sorted. No doubt we could do with a midfield signing or two as well, fuck knows if it'll happen in this window.

Cor, that tackle by Lloris was nice. The goal not so much, horrible defending for that. Vertonghen as guilty as Rose for just marking space.

It's gonna take a while for this team to get used to each, but there's just not enough penetration in the team. When we go forward, we look like we just get stuck on the edge of their box, Townsend's the only one making stuff happen, and he has a tendency to shoot maybe a little too often. But we are usually pretty poor in first half's, so we'll see how this goes.

Hopefully Eriksen and Holtby can be the difference down the line. Dembele's uncomfortable with the role he has to fill right now and it shows.

Holtby for Dembele or Paulinho needs to happen immediately and I'm disappointed that the first sub is Defoe instead.

EDIT: Oh, it's the "when in doubt, fuck it, 4-4-2" move.

Hopefully Eriksen and Holtby can be the difference down the line. Dembele's uncomfortable with the role he has to fill right now and it shows.

I wouldn't bank on that...

Ugh. Total lack of creativity and cohesion so Arsenal just had to flood the box any time Spurs were on the attack and that mostly did it aside from Defoe and Lamela's shots on goal. Basically what I feared going in.

On the plus side, Lloris is incredibly badass.

Think we deserved a bit more than 5 minutes at the end, Capoue's injury added more than two minutes. Oh well, early on in the season and we just didn't create enough chances. Walker was absolute wank today. Just a real lack of creativity in that midfield, Dembele's looked really average. Still very optimistic about the whole season and we have a lot of depth in squad, so I'm sure there are great things to come.