The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Just something I noticed in Saturday's game, Adam Lallana is scarily good off both feet. That's a very rare skill and I don't think I've seen anybody as good as him for a while, Santi Carzola comes to mind.

• Admin
Tottenham defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto, who is on loan at QPR, and Hull City striker Yannick Sagbo are charged with improper conduct by the Football Association following social media postings relating to the quenelle gesture.

Just something I noticed in Saturday's game, Adam Lallana is scarily good off both feet. That's a very rare skill and I don't think I've seen anybody as good as him for a while, Santi Carzola comes to mind.

Cazorla, despite what every pundit might say.

Would you stick with Pardew or do you feel that a new man in charge could be what is needed to shake things up?

The whole system is crap. When was the last time a player came to Newcastle and got better? Our coaches and training methods are seemingly shit because the only thing our training program seems to achieve is a higher than average injury rate.

We haven't had a good youth player come through the system since 19dickety2. Our youth setup isn't even category one because we don't have enough coaches 'to fulfil the minimum coaching time requirements', that's a direct quote from the EPPP, if our youngsters aren't even getting enough coaching, regardless of quality, what's the point?

And don't even get me started on Pardew's tactical naivety and seemingly non-existent motivational skills.

Would you stick with Pardew or do you feel that a new man in charge could be what is needed to shake things up?

The whole system is crap. When was the last time a player came to Newcastle and got better? Our coaches and training methods are seemingly shit because the only thing our training program seems to achieve is a higher than average injury rate.

We haven't had a good youth player come through the system since 19dickety2. Our youth setup isn't even category one because we don't have enough coaches 'to fulfil the minimum coaching time requirements', that's a direct quote from the EPPP, if our youngsters aren't even getting enough coaching, regardless of quality, what's the point?

And don't even get me started on Pardew's tactical naivety and seemingly non-existent motivational skills.

Technically the youth system did recently produce the most expensive English player of all time. :shifty:

• Like 1

Technically the youth system did recently produce the most expensive English player of all time. :shifty:

Also, to further quote the EPPP, our youth setup is Category One. Whatever the fup that means.

Can someone explain the whole Tim Sherwood watching games from the stands thing? I don't get it. At first I thought he had a touch-line ban, but then reading an article about he made it sound like he just enjoyed watching the game from there <_<

He's an inept twat.

It just makes it seem like he's already been told he's gonna get the boot at the end of the season and he has just mentally imploded. Given media speculation re: van Gaal etc. and recent form he probably is on the out but abandoning the touch-line/his team (!) seems really unprofessional (unless he's being told to do it of course).

In the article I read he was like 'yeah I just get a good view up here [in the director's box].' As if being able to analyse the game, his players movement etc. from the stand gives him some keen insight he couldn't get from just reviewing the tape of the match afterwards. I mean, I know fuck all about coaching/management, but surely it would be better for morale to have him giving instruction and motivation from the pitch? It goes without saying though I guess.

On the upside for Spurs fans at least the club have been linked with some quality managers for next term, van Gaal, Ancelotti etc. could give the club a big boost in mentality.

Edited by kaya

I don't think he could properly influence the game had he a psychic link over his team and could play them like it was FIFA 14.

He's appointed Eillen Drewery as his assistant manager.

If Chelsea let Lukaku go it'd be one of the dumbest moves in a long time. It's not like Mata where they have loads of quality players to play his position. He's only 20 and they're really just a striker away from being up there with the best sides in the world.

If Lukaku does go, I think he'd be a great fit for Dortmund to replace Lewandowski.

Yeah. Because a guy who was suspended for threatening to cut off the fingers of Vitesse's CEO claimed a bunch of stuff that has little bearing in fact (e.g. Chelsea haven't been forcing Vitesse to play their loanees to the detriment of their team: only one loanee, Atsu, has played every game lately. Others like Piazon, Traore or Van Aanholt have had much reduced playing time because their form has gone to pot.)