The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Liverpool continue to play scared under pressure. Just sitting back and allowing West Brom to dictate everything. Not playing like a team who can qualify for Champions League at all. At some point you need to try and control the game, play like a top team. Rodgers can't seem to get his side to do that when the pressure is on.

Rodgers seems to pin a lot of his hopes on winning a game in the first half. Given the lack of depth the squad has it's not surprising, it's not like he can bring anyone impactful on to change things.

Liverpool continue to play scared under pressure. Just sitting back and allowing West Brom to dictate everything. Not playing like a team who can qualify for Champions League at all. At some point you need to try and control the game, play like a top team. Rodgers can't seem to get his side to do that when the pressure is on.

You mean like on Wednesday?

I'm not saying win, I'm saying control the game and tempo. Liverpool didn't do that on Wednesday. They just countered against Everton and it worked because of their high line. You can't count on that to happen every game.

I'm not saying win, I'm saying control the game and tempo. Liverpool didn't do that on Wednesday. They just countered against Everton and it worked because of their high line. You can't count on that to happen every game.

That was, y'know, kind of the tatics, and it was genius.

That wasn't what we tried to do today. West Brom just figured us out with their high pressing, couldn't get control of the game, and ended up gifting the equalizer.