The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

I haven't got a full transcript of the interview but names wasn't the only thing he got wrong.

He claimed to have brought Tim Krul to the club, despite Krul having arrived at the club 2 years before he got there. He also claimed to have played over 450 games for Tottenham as a player, despite only playing just over 200.

In 2012, he said he would only take on a Director of Football role if it lead him back into football management...

Club still haven't announced anything, I'm still sticking my fingers in my ears and choosing to believe Joes either gone mental or that he just fancied trolling Sky and Talksport. If it was me I certainly would.

League fixtures released tomorrow, 9am...

Really the only thing I'm curious about is whether our last three games of the season will include either:

a) an away game at Old Trafford

b) an away game at Anfield

or c), just to shake things up, both

Not that this has been a multi-year trend or anything. :shifty:

Other than that, the usual wishes like a home game on Boxing Day, etc. etc.

I expect us to get the following because it is what normally happens. We'll get a whole month in either September or October in which we play Man.Utd, Man.City, Arsenal then one of Chelsea, Spurs or Everton. Later on in the season in either February or March we will play the reserve fixtures of the above then have a relatively easy run in leading to us Liverpool fans possibly getting our hopes up about maybe challenging for a top 4 spot because we have said easy run in, only for us to fuck up several of the fixtures that we should be winning.

• Like 1

There's only the one midweek Premier League fixture that gets scheduled before Christmas isn't there? Usually end of November I think.

Otherwise you'd have to hope for Capital One Cup matches and the like. Or those Monday matches that won't be moved until later.

PREMIER LEAGUE OPENING DAY FIXTURES:

Saturday, 17 August 2013

Barclays Premier League

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Chelsea v Hull

Crystal Palace v Tottenham

Liverpool v Stoke

Man City v Newcastle

Norwich v Everton

Sunderland v Fulham

Swansea v Man Utd

West Brom v Southampton

West Ham v Cardiff

At home to Hull! Just like at the start of the season we won the double... :pervert: