The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Granted i have only seen one pic of Meulensteen but he looks the double of Steve Corino. Phelan is still at United isn't he? I feel a bit sorry for him. Worked under possibly the greatest manager ever for ten or so years and hasn't got the opportunity to manage.

Granted i have only seen one pic of Meulensteen but he looks the double of Steve Corino. Phelan is still at United isn't he? I feel a bit sorry for him. Worked under possibly the greatest manager ever for ten or so years and hasn't got the opportunity to manage.

Phelan has left the club, too.

He said he wanted someone big up there to try and win headers. They needed to win to qualify for Europe, and they needed a goal late on.

So he'd planned for James to go up top, cause some hassle and put himself about.

He left Jon Macken on the bench.

And to be fair also, David James was always more of a goal threat than Jon Macken.

• Like 2