The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

First 10 Games

August:

vs. Manchester United (Home) - Lose

vs. Tottenham (Away) - Lose

vs. West Brom (Away) - Draw

....Not brilliant, especially if West Brom start the season in the way they did last season.

September:

vs. Liverpool (Home) - Draw

vs. Palace (Away) - Win

vs. Arsenal (Home) - Lose

....Still not brilliant.

October

vs. Southampton (Away) - Draw

vs. Sunderland (Home) - Win

vs. West Ham (Home) - Win

Better.

November

vs. Cardiff (Away) - Win

An estimate of fifteen points from first ten, but Southampton and West Brom could be awkward, and it all depends on repeating our good start from last season before the decline.

First five fixtures include Chelsea at home and Liverpool and City away. Pretty tough, I was hoping we started with a few easier ones just to bed Moyes in. The Christmas fixtures look winnable to me, Spurs on New Years Day is easily the hardest match. The run-in looks good though. If we're around the top of the league come March then I fancy us to pick up a lot of points in the last 8 or so games.

First five fixtures include Chelsea at home and Liverpool and City away. Pretty tough, I was hoping we started with a few easier ones just to bed Moyes in. The Christmas fixtures look winnable to me, Spurs on New Years Day is easily the hardest match. The run-in looks good though. If we're around the top of the league come March then I fancy us to pick up a lot of points in the last 8 or so games.

We're gonna win them all!

Do Sky have anything to do with fixtures?

Big Team vs Big Team x 2 on a Sunday, 5 times per year can't just be a coincidence...

They do, yes. There are certain weekends when these pairings always happen.

I'm mainly bitching about us always getting them away that week, if I'm honest. :shifty:

Officially they don't, they can play around with who is on Saturday, Sunday or Monday, but the weekend in question is defined by the magic fixture computer. The computer of course is a fan of Grand Slam Sunday.

Stoke'll be interesting. Hope we get the big Greek in for that.

The fact Mark Hughes is manager of Stoke now might help.

Stoke'll be interesting. Hope we get the big Greek in for that.

The fact Mark Hughes is manager of Stoke now might help.

That was my line of thinking. With Pulis gone it may not be "stick 10 men behind the ball and defend all game" like all of the previous games at Anfield when Stoke have played. Most depressing games I've ever been to.

I'm quite happy with the fixture list, December is gonna be a hard month what with the away games to City, Spurs and Chelsea but apart from Man.Utd, we play City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal all at home. Forgot we start our Capital One Cup campaign a game earlier as well so hopefully we'll get a really crap team as its wedged in between Villa away and United at home.

Speaking of months...

Surely - surely Chelsea's traditional November implosion can't persist with fixtures like this?

Newcastle (away)

West Brom (home)

West Ham (away)

Southampton (home)

I say this, wilfully ignoring how those same four fixtures last season brought us a) a loss, b) a very narrow win, c) another loss, and d) the throwing away of a two goal lead for a draw. :shifty: