The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Stoker in 'cynical about something about football' shocker.

Man City away to start is terrifying, otherwise we've unbelievably actually got a home game on boxing day, and only two London aways before Christmas, I'm praying Spurs gets moved to a Monday night.

• Like 1

Stoker in 'cynical about something about football' shocker.

When it stops happening I will stop being cynical about it!

We seem to be getting a fair few of our tougher away games out early this season: United, Everton and Spurs are our first three.

It's been pointed out to me that Chelsea v Aston Villa will get moved because of the Super Cup. Could be postponed, or they could move it forward to midweek between the first two matches like the did with our Reading game last season.

I would very much prefer the former, please.

City have a pretty winnable opening set of fixtures. Can see them being top by the end of September:

Newcastle [H], Cardiff [A], Hull [H], Stoke [A], Man U [H], Aston Villa [A]

United third game of the season :(

Other than that, we've got a fairly easy run in til November, when we've got Arsenal and Everton away. Then December we have Spurs, Chelsea and City away.

AUGUST

17 Stoke City (H)
24 Aston Villa (A)
28 Capital One Cup second round
31 Manchester United (H)

SEPTEMBER

14 Swansea City (A)
21 Southampton (H)
25 Capital One Cup third round
28 Sunderland (A)

OCTOBER

5 Crystal Palace (H)
19 Newcastle United (A)
26 West Bromwich Albion (H)

I think that's exactly the start we need to build some momentum/confidence. Really happy with those fixtures.

What game's that? Home games usually sell out fast, so maybe think about getting on a membership priority thing. Or just talk to Lineker. He's probably the better person to get advice on all that, too.

Newcastle, so yeah I am looking at getting one of the One Hotspur memberships.