The FA Cup Thread 2013/14

Colly

Ha, like any of their fans can afford a passport.

Half the games will come to them :/

They can barely get 25,000 there for Premier League games, Europa League will be horrible for them.

They can barely get 25,000 there for Premier League games, Europa League will be horrible for them.
They "barely get" 25,000 because the stadium capacity is just over 25,000. Like most teams the small amount of empty seats is mainly due to away fans. I don't know who your home team is but I'd imagine it's a similar case.

Finally got to watch it on the DVR (managed to avoid spoilers) .... and

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

... although I seriously almost turned it off and deleted it after 8 minutes <_<

Yeah, Hull did everything they possibly could but holy crap did Arsenal press, press, and press. After the whole ride through the match I seriously thought we were going to "Arsenal" the damned thing when Fabianski had to come barreling out and leave the net open ....

.... but YAY !!!!!!!!!!!

Of course the rest of the EPL can rejoice in knowing that with this FA Cup Trophy, Wenger is set for two more years and has all the proof he needs to say that the squad is just fine and there's no need for anything, at all, anywhere. I mean Ozil was like a new signing ... and Ramsey, and ..... bleh.

They "barely get" 25,000 because the stadium capacity is just over 25,000. Like most teams the small amount of empty seats is mainly due to away fans. I don't know who your home team is but I'd imagine it's a similar case.

I'll have you know MY TOWN'S team doesn't even fill its 10,000 seater stadium

But we are rubbish.

Hull are going to get relegated next year, it's all cool (H)

The arguments of "Arsenal only beat Hull" from certain sectors makes me laugh. Including from some City fans. We beat 3 of the top 6 teams in the league en route, plus the holders and another top flight team to boot.

City in 2011 beat the mighty Leicester & Notts County (by way of replays), Aston Villa, Reading, Man United and Stoke.

Beating the teams we did makes this cup win that much sweeter.

It's almost as if others fans wouldn't celebrate if their team won the cup. This is why I'm a football supporter, for these moments. Nothing else like it.

It's just that it's funny to mock Arsenal so why be bothered by it? :P It's the blind biterness of some people I find amusing. It doesn't need justifying, some people are just being obtuse.

True.

I do find that football supporters are split by IQ though. It's refreshing when I speak to people who have a level of intelligence when it comes to football and not just 95% of United fans I come across who are usually just "But LOLZ Rooney is better than Henry!".

The arguments of "Arsenal only beat Hull" from certain sectors makes me laugh. Including from some City fans. We beat 3 of the top 6 teams in the league en route, plus the holders and another top flight team to boot.

City in 2011 beat the mighty Leicester & Notts County (by way of replays), Aston Villa, Reading, Man United and Stoke.

Beating the teams we did makes this cup win that much sweeter.

It's almost as if others fans wouldn't celebrate if their team won the cup. This is why I'm a football supporter, for these moments. Nothing else like it.

The "Arsenal only beat Hull" argument is beyond ridiculous, and that's coming from a City fan. Arsenal won all their matches in the competition, Hull didn't, Arsenal are champions, fair and square. And if people are going to argue that they only had Hull to face in the final then they're ignoring over 100 years of history. The one thing I've learned from watching the FA Cup over the years is that any team can beat any team on a given day.

Also, let's take a look at who Arsenal had to beat to win the trophy (excluding the final): Tottenham (fierce local rivals), Coventry City (...OK, I got nothing, sorry Coventry fans), Liverpool (premier league runners up who were on an absolute tear at the time of the match), Everton (5th place in the PL, see Liverpool) & Wigan Athletic (the previous cup holders who knocked out Man City, premier league champions, to get that far). Yeah, that was an easy road alright <_<

• Like 1

See, I made an effort to write a nice post yesterday. But if I'm going to have to suffer terrible Gooner songs written in size eleventy-six font, I'll just be forced to post what I really wanted to in response to Arsenal winning an FA Cup by beating Hull after 8 years, 362 days of nothingness:

tumblr_m7stmewcnw1r64mmp.gif

Well at least we beat some EPL opposition like Skums, Pool, Everton & also the last year winners to win the FA Cup.Unlike your FA cup draws lol

See, I made an effort to write a nice post yesterday. But if I'm going to have to suffer terrible Gooner songs written in size eleventy-six font, I'll just be forced to post what I really wanted to in response to Arsenal winning an FA Cup by beating Hull after 8 years, 362 days of nothingness:

tumblr_m7stmewcnw1r64mmp.gif

Well at least we beat some EPL opposition like Skums, Pool, Everton & also the last year winners to win the FA Cup.Unlike your FA cup draws lol

lol u got him

• Like 1