The FA Cup Thread 2013/14

Colly

Anyway...to return to the point at hand:

Well at least we beat some EPL opposition like Skums, Pool, Everton & also the last year winners to win the FA Cup.Unlike your FA cup draws lol

I could be comprehensive about this, but figured it would be quicker just to cite our most recent FA Cup victory (2012) as an example...

- Skums (I assume this is Spurs): Beaten

- Pool: Beaten

- Everton: ...Okay, I'll give you that one. We'll just have to make do with 2009, I guess.

- The last year's winners: Beat- ...Oh, whoops, my mistake. They weren't the previous year's FA Cup winners, they were the previous year's League Cup winners. You would probably remember better than me.

Anyway...to return to the point at hand:

Well at least we beat some EPL opposition like Skums, Pool, Everton & also the last year winners to win the FA Cup.Unlike your FA cup draws lol

I could be comprehensive about this, but figured it would be quicker just to cite our most recent FA Cup victory (2012) as an example...

- Skums (I assume this is Spurs): Beaten

- Pool: Beaten

- Everton: ...Okay, I'll give you that one. We'll just have to make do with 2009, I guess.

- The last year's winners: Beat- ...Oh, whoops, my mistake. They weren't the previous year's FA Cup winners, they were the previous year's League Cup winners. You would probably remember better than me.

Sure you will use 2012 as an example but your 2010 run had Watford,Preston,Cardiff,Stoke & Pompey.2009 had Watford,Ipswich,Southend,Coventry and us in the 1/2 final.So Chelsea trying to discredit our FA win because we were against Hull in the final is simply laughable

RatedR, you appear to have misinterpreted the emphasis of my original post. I shall tweak it slightly so as to make it clearer for you:

See, I made an effort to write a nice post yesterday. But if I'm going to have to suffer terrible Gooner songs written in size eleventy-six font, I'll just be forced to post what I really wanted to in response to Arsenal winning an FA Cup by beating Hull after 8 years, 362 days of nothingness:

tumblr_m7stmewcnw1r64mmp.gif

• Like 1

Who gives a fuck what teams you beat in the FA Cup run? Are you supposed to refuse to play certain teams or something? This is dumb.

Yeah you can only beat who's infront of you.But since he seems to like pointing out that Arsenal have not won for 9 years, I'm just saying if we had the luck of their draw we'd have won at least 1 FA cup by now.And talking history is not something a Chelsea fan should do considering the pre 2004 era

Edited by RatedR

Honestly, what a supporter of the FA Cup winning team ought to be doing in these circumstances is not giving a shit what anyone says because they have lots of lovely photos of their team prancing about with a big shiny trophy to look at. To get bogged down in the sniping that others (inevitably) lob their way would seem to imply either an issue with priorities or an issue with insecurity.

• Like 1