The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Spoiler

I think what's great about this episode if that after spending thirteen years in this universe, and after a few big deaths in the last two Avengers films, we finally get to spend time with someone who is truly grieving these losses. We've known throughout that Wanda's grieving, but to see her actively relive and work through her trauma, it completely adds a new dimension to the world that the films are limited in doing so because they're expected to provide something else. As an audience, we finally have a platform to also project our grief for the characters we've lost. 

I feel really attached to Wanda and think the show's really making strides in Marvel's ability to add depth to their characters.

Mid credits spoiler.

Spoiler

Happy to be proved wrong, but not overly into a version of Vision being brought back online - the whole physically fighting your trauma feels a bit done (recently re-watching Logan and all) whereas I felt we were working in a slightly more interesting direction. Either way, all set up for a big finale. Hope it delivers the emotional punch I'm looking for. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mid credits spoiler.

Hide contents

Happy to be proved wrong, but not overly into a version of Vision being brought back online - the whole physically fighting your trauma feels a bit done (recently re-watching Logan and all) whereas I felt we were working in a slightly more interesting direction. Either way, all set up for a big finale. Hope it delivers the emotional punch I'm looking for. 

Im not the most up to date with the comics source material stuff but regarding the mid credits scene:

Spoiler

That reanimated Vision obviously doesn't have the mind stone, so does that mean Hayward just recreated Ultron? :o

Really loving this show but there's still so much stuff I don't know how it gets all wrapped up in what, only one more episode?

Interesting follow up episode... 

Spoiler

Glad the sitcom thing is done... it was cute and creative and I enjoyed it for most of the series, but the story outside of the sitcom setting was getting better as we progressed and the sitcom tropes just weren't working with the modern take. 

Not following up on Vision, Monica, Darcy and Fake Pietro was a tad annoying... especially leading into the finale. 

Now I'm not sure if the twist is that Wanda actually did do it along, or if the Mephisto rumors will come true after all (despite Agatha not working for him). 

I'm very intrigued where this story goes with the series leading into those movies... because the films are not Wanda centric, and the story most certainly is... it seems like a near impossible task to wrap everything up in a half hour, there's so much left to unfold. 

Confused about how Vision was able to have some autonomy if Wanda created him from scratch... same with the kids. That's why there's a part of me that still thinks there's a missing link here. Clearly Agatha isn't in on it proper, but I'm not convinced Wanda is the end all be all here. 

Episode 8

Spoiler

And now we've confirmed that exposure to the Infinity Stones can manifest powers that are otherwise dormant inside of a person. This is going to be the MCU's version of mutants, I'm calling it now. I'm willing to bet it's also how someone like Kamala Khan gets her powers - especially if they're actually featuring the Inhumans show from ABC as an actual show in-universe. I'm sure that'll upset some people, on both fronts (mutants and Inhumans).

Who knows what Wanda's Hex, or the three snaps (two of them just a few weeks prior) can do to people. Also - I'm sure they want us to think that was Wanda's mother that she was seeing because of the stone, but I think it was actually Wanda, possibly from another reality (she's a Nexus being, after all).

FINALLY getting the Scarlet Witch name in the MCU. Hell yeah. And chaos magic, which can quite literally rip apart the fabric of space and time. This is how we get to the multiverse idea.

Westview Vision vs SWORD Vision will be awesome, and I'm sure that's what Bettany meant when he was talking about working with an actor he's always admired. It's himself!

So many heartbreaking moments, this was a gutpunch of an episode. "I can't feel you anymore" juxtaposed to "I only feel you" from Infinity War. Fuuuuuck, man. Then that scene from right before Civil War started, quote from Vision: "What is grief, if not love persevering?" Goddamn, dude.

Give Kathryn Hahn all the Best Supporting Actress awards.  I'm still not sold that she's a villain

17 hours ago, Azazel said:
  Hide contents

Showing everything Wanda had to go through instead of just hearing about it was just so tragic.  I know fully The Scarlett Witch is not a future big bad because there is no way I could dislike her.

Spoiler

This is exactly why I'd like to see her as a big bad.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Hang on, didn't Hayward show footage to SWORD/Dennings etc where Wanda broke in to a secure facility to steal Vision's body? So either he has completely manufactured that or Wanda showed Agnes a fake memory as to how Westview came to be. Hope it's a loose end that's tied up, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of them to tie up.

Spoiler

I can't remember if we see her steal Vision's body in those past episodes or if the footage was only for her smashing into the room / through the doors... which we saw in that memory.. 

I think he manufactured the footage to cut out before she leaves with the body though.... and then told the story he needed to tell to hide the fact they were rebuilding a new, stronger, Vision. 

That was my take away... but again, I don't remember if we saw her leave with the body or not.

@JoeyJoeJoeShabadoo in response

53 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeShabadoo said:
  Hide contents

Hang on, didn't Hayward show footage to SWORD/Dennings etc where Wanda broke in to a secure facility to steal Vision's body? So either he has completely manufactured that or Wanda showed Agnes a fake memory as to how Westview came to be. Hope it's a loose end that's tied up, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of them to tie up.

Spoiler

You don't actually see Wanda take Vision's body. In Episode 5, you see basically what Wanda showed us in her memories and the video cuts out just after she lands by Vision's body. 

Something I’m unclear about 

Spoiler

Back in Episode 4, when Woo meets with Monica, they talk to the police who tell them Westview doesn’t exist, and they are from Eastview.  But in this episode we see Wanda driving into Westview, and it’s all labeled as such, before she transforms it all.  

Is this to say she just wiped the knowledge of the town out of people’s memory after she transformed it?  There was an exit sign on the highway for it when Monica drove there, so that would indicate she didn’t do a very good job of hiding it.  And yet the cops are claiming no such place exists, and Woo’s informant disappeared and now no one has ever heard of him.

Spoiler

I'm sure they mentioned pretty early on that the whole "Eastview' thing was Wanda affecting their memories just as a bit of misdirection, not that the town itself doesn't actually exist.

Regards to Maxx ^

WV Episode 8

Spoiler

I really enjoyed the episode, naturally, and Vision's "what is grief if not love persevering" line is one of the most beautiful scripted lines I can remember. That said...

I'm more than a little concerned how willing everyone involved in the show is to, essentially, troll the most hardcore fans by making vague comments that can be easily interpreted as being something major, only for them to pull the rug out. So far we've had:

• Evan Peters being cast as Pietro, making everyone think the Fox X-Men were coming in or that the multiverse was open for business, only for it to be confirmed as nothing but a stunt casting by Kevin Feige and the Pietro in the show could have been played by literally anyone for all it mattered.
  • Teyonah Parris stating that "[she] can't wait to see what y'all's reaction is when you learn who the aerospace engineer is.", only for it to turn out to be no-one of any importance (unless she turns out to be a Skrull i guess). If it really is just random aerospace engineer #239 then that quote makes it look like she was looking forward to seeing how disappointed/angry everyone would be.
  • And now it seems like Paul Bettany's "huge actor that he's always wanted to work with" is going to be... himself, when Hex Vision and White Vision square off in the finale.

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

WV Episode 8

Hide contents

I really enjoyed the episode, naturally, and Vision's "what is grief if not love persevering" line is one of the most beautiful scripted lines I can remember. That said...

I'm more than a little concerned how willing everyone involved in the show is to, essentially, troll the most hardcore fans by making vague comments that can be easily interpreted as being something major, only for them to pull the rug out. So far we've had:

• Evan Peters being cast as Pietro, making everyone think the Fox X-Men were coming in or that the multiverse was open for business, only for it to be confirmed as nothing but a stunt casting by Kevin Feige and the Pietro in the show could have been played by literally anyone for all it mattered.
  • Teyonah Parris stating that "[she] can't wait to see what y'all's reaction is when you learn who the aerospace engineer is.", only for it to turn out to be no-one of any importance (unless she turns out to be a Skrull i guess). If it really is just random aerospace engineer #239 then that quote makes it look like she was looking forward to seeing how disappointed/angry everyone would be.
  • And now it seems like Paul Bettany's "huge actor that he's always wanted to work with" is going to be... himself, when Hex Vision and White Vision square off in the finale.

Spoiler

It will be actually pretty hilarious if none of it is a troll job and we get all of it in the finale.