NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I really don't ever see OKC winning an NBA title as long as Russell Westbrook is there... I think he is a liability for the Thunder and isn't a very good PG... He's a good guard, don't get me wrong, bug he isn't a PG...

OKC have made one move I've liked so far in the playoffs and that was putting Caron Butler into the starting lineup... A change was needed and Sefolosha wasn't producing...

I don't think they'll beat the Clippers though... I think the Clippers match up perfectly with them in almost every area (lone exception been Durant) and will win the series in 6...

In the other series' I've got Portland knocking over Spurs, Washington too good for Indiana (I'm not usually one to bash coaches for collapses but man Vogel has done a poor job since the all-star break and if Mark Jackson is fired from GSW, Vogel deserves to go too) and Brooklyn stunning everyone and knocking off Miami in 7 (more hopeful and wishful thinking than it actually happening :P )

I think if there is a team in the East that can eliminate the Heat at this point, it's only the Nets. I don't like them, but they did go 4-0 against them this season. Obviously the regular season is out the window, but it proves that they are more than capable of doing it, and playoff time is when bench depth is crucial, and the Nets have that over Miami too.

I'd really like to hear Benkid's thoughts, though.

If Westbrook plays like the last 2 games against Memphis we will beat the Clippers I'm sure of it. Just like Barkley said, Ibaka is about the only PF who can slow down Griffin. Perkins will prevent them from getting to the basket because that's where he's good in. Paul was switched off Curry and he will be switched off Westbrook for sure. Westbrook. They also don't have Tony Allen.

It's hard to not love the Clippers bench though. Darren Collison, JJ Reddick, Danny Granger, reigning sixth man of the year Jamal Crawford. They really have one of the best overall teams in the NBA in my opinion. It's gonna come down to the forward play, and more importantly, Serge Ibaka. Blake has been the catalyst for the Clips recently and if Ibaka can stop that, I think OKC will come out with the win.

I however have the Clippers in 6.

I still have OKC in 6 but I've been following that team ever since they moved out of Seatle. It will be a great series though! And their bench is great though but we have Fish, Jackson, Adams, Collison and Lamb (If he get's even a few minutes)

I have enjoyed what I've seen of Luis Scola during the playoffs. Very good pickup by the Pacers.

I heard somewhere on ESPN he'll likely be cut to free up money for a Stephenson extension.

They only play well when Nene isn't out there.

Imagine being unable to get past Nene. That's hilario.

In other news, this whole Melo/Knicks/FA/Bulls thing has me thinking that maybe Chicago could just cut bait with Rose and his injuries, the Knicks could sign-and-trade Melo for him and then with Rose and Stoudemire we could be the New York Knees.

Yes, I am aware this is too much effort to go to for that New York Knees joke.