Formula One 2014

Lineker

Martin Brundle had been saying how dangerous it was to have that digger on the track and that it should be safety car situation. Then this very incident happened, can't believe nobody else thought of it.

I was watching the race on Sky+ but I came across a tweet from Natalie Pinkham saying "praying that Jules is OK" so I spent the whole race waiting for something bad to happen. I didn't think it would be this bad.

I don't want to make any guesses as to what the outcome might be because it just makes me sad. What really needs to stop is the drivers being forced into media interviews when they are quite obviously going through an emotional wringer, common sense just doesn't seem to apply sometimes.

I was watching the race on Sky+ but I came across a tweet from Natalie Pinkham saying "praying that Jules is OK" so I spent the whole race waiting for something bad to happen. I didn't think it would be this bad.

I don't want to make any guesses as to what the outcome might be because it just makes me sad. What really needs to stop is the drivers being forced into media interviews when they are quite obviously going through an emotional wringer, common sense just doesn't seem to apply sometimes.

To their credit, they really just blew through the podium stuff because it was clear nobody wanted to be there.

L'Equipe and SSN reporting his surgery is complete and he's breathing by himself. Fantastic news if so.

Looking at that picture - it does look like the back of the car took the worst damage and it sort of looks more in tact just before the back of his head.