2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

Its a tough schedule for the Niners, playing the Seahawks twice in three weeks and finishing off agains the Cards could be a killer. I will miss the shoot out against the Packers, imagine we'll meet up in the playoffs as usual.

Apparently the Bears were the first team the Niners beat at the Candlestick, so its nice that they'll be the first team beaten at the Levi's Stadium as well. :P

I can't remember the last time the Eagles played on Thanksgiving.

I'm not into predicting records before the draft even happens, but a lot of people are predicting the Eagles losing the game against the Panthers - I could see the Panthers taking a huuuuuge step back this year. Who do they have on offense besides Cam?

As a Niner's fan, I am happy with the schedule. Bowman should be back in time for both games with the Seachickens and I am loving the fact one of the games is on Turkey Day. As Livid said, the ratings for that game will be insane.

And Dallas having to play 5 of their last 7 on the road? Sucks for Romo...

I'm not into predicting records before the draft even happens, but a lot of people are predicting the Eagles losing the game against the Panthers - I could see the Panthers taking a huuuuuge step back this year. Who do they have on offense besides Cam?

It was back in '09 I believe against the Cardinals. I'm hoping this will finally be Phillys year, but my hopes aren't night at all. After we had the big offseason a few years ago and got Nnamdi, I thought the Super Bowl was all but guaranteed. People complain about getting rid of Desean, but I'm not worried. Cooper has stepped up big time and finally becoming the player I thought he could be when he played at Florida with Teeeeebow.

• Like 1

They have a really good, physical defense, which is what Philadelphia struggles against.

And with Philly's defense, Carolina doesn't need to have much more than Cam. :P

They have a really good, physical defense, which is what Philadelphia struggles against.

Which is sad considering what the Eagles defense used to be like. Jeremiah Trotter, Brian Dawkins, Lito and Sheldon Brown on the corners, Mark Simoneau. Those are some hard hitters plugging up the LB and Dawkins was just Dawkins.

Actually just checked it - it was 08, that game where they beat the cards 48-20. Cowboys-Eagles on Thanksgiving is appointment viewing.

I don't think the Eagles defense will be that bad. Jenkins at S should be a good addition, along with Wolff being a year along and whoever they might add in the draft (there's a few holes to fill, so they could go in like 4 different directions with their first-rounder, provided they don't trade). They played pretty well down the stretch last year, too, besides that aberration of a game against the Vikings. Besides that, the front 7 is good, and Boykin's improving.

Which is sad considering what the Eagles defense used to be like. Jeremiah Trotter, Brian Dawkins, Lito and Sheldon Brown on the corners, Mark Simoneau. Those are some hard hitters plugging up the LB and Dawkins was just Dawkins.

Simoneau? Really? He was servicable, but never put up really great stats. He's mostly remembered for kicking an XP after Akers went down with a hamstring injury during the game