The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I think LVG has let his arrogance and reputation proceed him here. Two of the vest centre half's in the history of the Premiership have left your side and you have had plenty enough time to find the right players. Regardless of the World Cup, he could have easily said to whoever is in charge "Get me Hummels or Vlaar" etc but he didn't. There is no point starting a Blackett or another untested youth player as United needed to hit the ground running this year. Just screams of pure arrogance.

Of course now they score

Meh, he's been in the job a month and he obviously has a system that he knows works and he wants to use. Problem is, he doesn't have the players to implement said system, the the first half has shown, so does he completely remodel the squad (a long and expensive process) or does he compromise and fit his system to his squad (possibly won't be as successful as his system)?

Transfers are a little more complex and protracted than 'Get me ____________' too.

Edit: the answer is 'remodel the squad' because they are absolute gash.

• Like 1

It's gonna take a year for Van Gaal to get his system to work. It's easier using a system for a national team as you have a wide pool of players. He's stuck with this squad so it's gonna take time for him to get players used to the system but bring in the players he wants

I do like this utterly redundant 'BT Box' showing a close up of Montero on the floor directly below a wide shot of Montero on the floor.

It's almost as good as the Paul Scholes eyes camera.

Fellaini elbowing/forearming someone that never happens like ever...

Edited by DavidMarrio
  • Like 1

Disgusting challenge by Ki there, going straight through Fellaini's elbow with his face. Clear booking.

Are you Howard Webb in disguise?

• Like 1