The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I think LVG has let his arrogance and reputation proceed him here. Two of the vest centre half's in the history of the Premiership have left your side and you have had plenty enough time to find the right players. Regardless of the World Cup, he could have easily said to whoever is in charge "Get me Hummels or Vlaar" etc but he didn't. There is no point starting a Blackett or another untested youth player as United needed to hit the ground running this year. Just screams of pure arrogance.

Of course now they score

Meh, he's been in the job a month and he obviously has a system that he knows works and he wants to use. Problem is, he doesn't have the players to implement said system, the the first half has shown, so does he completely remodel the squad (a long and expensive process) or does he compromise and fit his system to his squad (possibly won't be as successful as his system)?

Transfers are a little more complex and protracted than 'Get me ____________' too.

Edit: the answer is 'remodel the squad' because they are absolute gash.

The best way I've heard transfers described lately is "it's like someone buying their second house". People think they know what they're doing, they've done it before, but it is slightly different and has many variables.

It's probably easier to walk into Man City or Chelsea and win a trophy in one season than it is to Man United right now. United will need a long term remodeling.

I don't really see Van Gaal as being a long term fix anyway given his age and the fact he tends to stay at places for at most three years.

Oh well. Well played Swansea and all that. I suppose this might makes us actually buy a player or two this week. I'm confident things will come together as the season progresses, though.

• Like 1

Oh well. Well played Swansea and all that. I suppose this might makes us actually buy a player or two this week. I'm confident things will come together as the season progresses, though.

We'll be better than we were under Moyes no doubt, and it was always going to take a while to get us going again. Just felt with the general optimism around Van Gaal, and our relatively easy start to the season (on paper), we might get off to a decent start. Just goes to show how much we need signings though.

We'll be better than we were under Moyes no doubt

Already a big negative swing from last year, you're going down with the Villa :shifty:

I really don't see how a 7th placed team (lol Moyes is fucking shit etc.) can be expected to turn things around with the same bunch of players that failed to impress last season - the same bunch, minus our 4 experienced players that moved on, and an injured/unfit Van Persie. The squad is fucking paper thin and it's clear for everyone to see.

Woodward will get blamed and he should. You don't say there are unlimited funds and to "watch this space" then fuck off on your holidays.

At the same time, LVG deserves his fair share of blame, because Moyes would have been ripped apart if this was the squad he had to start the season with. LVG can "assess" all he likes, but the season has started now, and we need quality brought in very soon.