The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

• Admin
Steve McClaren turned down the chance to become Newcastle United manager for the final three matches of the season. The Derby boss, 54, was approached after Newcastle's 3-0 loss to Leicester on Saturday but the Magpies have since decided to stand by John Carver. McClaren has told officials at the Championship club that he will not leave for Newcastle this summer, BBC Radio Derby reports. Carver, 50, did not offer to resign over the weekend, nor was he asked to.
And Chelsea midfielder Oscar will miss next month's Copa America after getting injured in training.

It was great because Newcastle being Newcastle organised a press conference to announce him as manager before he'd even accepted the job. So when he turned it down they had a press conference that was just about the release of the most boring, non event say nothing statement you'd ever have the misfortune to read.

I don't know how I feel about this. Sometimes it just seems the players don't care if we lose or not. I don't see all that emotion in the letter play out in the 90 minutes.

But hey, it's ''IM A FAN PLS RESPECT ME'' John Carver we're talking about!

I'm still really uneasy about the last 3 games but a win against West Brom fixes everything, so it's a simple as that. Regroup and reset over the summer, get a competent manager in, send John Carver to the moon and rebuild.

Absolute bollocks. Colo has been mentally back in Argentina for 2 years and he can fuck off back there as far as I am concerned. As a captain, he is nothing.

Liverpool's reddit is all "COUTINHO IS BETTER THAN OSCAR" Completely ignoring the injury. <_<

It was great because Newcastle being Newcastle organised a press conference to announce him as manager before he'd even accepted the job. So when he turned it down they had a press conference that was just about the release of the most boring, non event say nothing statement you'd ever have the misfortune to read.

They're trying to pull a Leicester and get that new manager bounce by re-hiring the same manager they just fired :shifty:

Is this one of those things where to him the word 'coach' means something very specific, such as the ability to exude authority whilst eating a sandwich on the touchline (a skill at which he feels he is unparalleled)?

• Like 1

A certain Premier League manager who has lost eight games on the bounce said this today:

"I still feel I am the best coach in the Premier League,"

giphy.gif

• Like 2