The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

94/95 was the first regular season I properly paid attention to football instead of it just being a fun thing my dad watched, Shearer was my absolute favourite non-Leicester player. I remember being devastated when I read in The Mirror that he was signing with Man U and I thought it was a done deal because they'd photoshopped him into a kit (I was 8/9 and didn't have a clue that photos could be fakes). I always have a little bit of a soft spot for Blackburn for being the first club I saw Shearer at, and for disappointing my closest glory grabbing Man U supporting friends (all of whom wound up Leicester fans later).

I think Grealish for Andy Townsend and Terry Phelan is a good swap.

And Tony Cascarino who wasn't even eligible to play for Ireland!

All I can think about with Grealish is that he'll probably end up as James McClean v2.0 :shifty:

It is a good day to be a Rovers fan on Twitter, pics and tweets from loads of people about winning the title. Even found Robbie Slater.

Slate her? I barely know her!

• Like 2

I think he's only at Stevenage to train his son and other keepers? But they had to name him as sub keeper at some point during the season due to injuries. Sure I remember Jeff and the boys mentioning it.

I had a 1995 Newcastle squad poster once that listed Steve Harper as Brad Friedel.

• Like 1