The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Quality journalism from The Star. The caption to this photo is "Chelsea fans blast shameless Lampard".

I wonder if there might not be any REALLY OBVIOUS CLUES that indicate that they aren't Chelsea fans at all...

192382.jpg

I know, I know...

I can't decide whether it would be worse if they were purposefully ignoring those obvious clues on the basis they expect no readers to notice...OR if they were too dimwitted to have noticed themselves when they put the article together. Or indeed, which of those two is most likely.

Quality journalism from The Star. The caption to this photo is "Chelsea fans blast shameless Lampard".

I wonder if there might not be any REALLY OBVIOUS CLUES that indicate that they aren't Chelsea fans at all...

192382.jpg

Ahh but the guy is wearing a jacket with a Chelsea logo, so clearly they are Chelsea fans trying to LOOK LIKE MC fans so that Chelsea fans get away with this blameless.

Checkmate.

:shifty:

Ridicule the Star for that all you like, but I noticed in a BBC article on Mourinho which talked about Lampard's return used that "shameless" banner in the same sentence as a Chelsea fan calling him a traitor. Didn't outright say that it was Chelsea fans who made the banner but implied it enough to emphasise the point.

Ahh but the guy is wearing a jacket with a Chelsea logo, so clearly they are Chelsea fans trying to LOOK LIKE MC fans so that Chelsea fans get away with this blameless.

Checkmate.

:shifty:

Those stewards are sly bastards, I'll admit.

• Admin
The teams are out and it looks like Olivier Giroud will lead the line for Arsenal, who include new signing Gabriel on the bench. Villa also have their new signing, Scott Sinclair, in their matchday squad if not the starting line-up.
Arsenal: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud.
Subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Gabriel, Rosicky, Flamini, Chambers, Akpom.
Aston Villa: Guzan, Hutton, Okore, Clark, Richardson, Delph, Gil, Sanchez, Cleverley, Benteke, Weimann.
Subs: Sinclair, Baker, Bacuna, Agbonlahor, Westwood, Cissokho, Given.
Referee: Anthony Taylor (Cheshire)