The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

When was the last time a Premier League team had five different players score in one match?

I seem to remember someone having 6 different scorers a year or two back... Not sure if it was in the PL or not though... Nor can i remember who it was

• Admin

When was the last time a Premier League team had five different players score in one match?

I seem to remember someone having 6 different scorers a year or two back... Not sure if it was in the PL or not though... Nor can i remember who it was

Useful.

• Admin
Hosts Southampton make two changes from their FA Cup defeat to Crystal Palace, with Maya Yoshida and Harrison Reed in for Florin Gardos and the departed Jack Cork, who signed for Swansea this week. New signing Cork is not in the Swansea squad, although fellow new boy Kyle Naughton is handed a debut as one of six changes from the cup loss at Blackburn. Marvin Emnes and Jay Fulton also start.
Southampton XI: Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Bertrand, S. Davis, Reed, Tadic, Ward-Prowse, Elia, Pelle.
Swansea XI: Fabianski, Naughton, Fernandez, Williams, Taylor, Fulton, Carroll, Dyer, Shelvey, Emnes, Gomis.

If you count an own-goal as valid, then our 6-3 against Everton had five scorers (Costa, Ivanovic, Ramires, Matic, Coleman OG).

If not...then our 6-0 against Arsenal last March definitely did (Eto'o, Schurrle, Hazard, Oscar, Salah).

Edit: Ooh, and our 8-0 against Aston Villa in Dec 2012 had SEVEN different scorers (Torres, Luiz, Ivanovic, Lampard, Ramires, Oscar, Hazard)!

• Like 1

I hate Alan Parry's voice. He seems to commentate on every live Swansea game.

He did all the Wales games for a few years too, although Bill Leslie seems to have taken over for these qualifiers.

Leslie is the guy that does the Football League/Play-Off Finals, right? He's great.

Not the best half, fairly uninspiring but defence is doing well.