The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

38 minutes ago, Benji said:

Kasper's son Max winning the title with Liverpool.

The circle is complete and the universe gets sucked into its own arsehole

• Admin

Here's BBC Leicester commentator Ian Stringer the moment Leicester were confirmed as Premier League champions... 

Ian then gives his dad - a lifelong Leicester fan - a call live on air. Stirring stuff...

• Like 1

No joke on nothing, I listened to that talk with his dad on the bike to work and I was crying. I'm gutted that my dad went on holiday yesterday morning. I went out to the bar with him on Saturday (and anyone who knows me knows I am not that person at all) because I didn't want to see us winning the league without my dad :(

If there were two things that could have made this sweeter for me personally, it'd be seeing it happen with my dad, and my gran being alive to see it. She was a supporter from the day she knew what football was to the day she died, and went to as many matches as she could afford and her health would allow. I remember seeing her when we won the League Cup in 1997, I can only imagine what her reaction would be if she were alive today.

Strings is an absolute legend. Some of the fans give him unfair stick, but he and Jason Bourne are so passionate about Leicester and you can tell every single time they're on the mic, even if they have to try (and fail sometimes) to be impartial.

• Like 8

I'm thrilled that Leicester have clinched. It's mental. We may never see the likes of this again.

People are going to make shitty Liverpool jokes but all the traditional powerhouse teams of English football should be kicking themselves.

Leicester winning is not only a tremendous achievement for them as a club but it raises some questions about the usual top five or six clubs in the country. They should all be smarting in some way from this.

Chelsea because they bottomed out so greatly. It's part of the recent pattern of a the defending champions not being able to go again. But this was the worst case of that particular sickness we've seen.

Liverpool because of the curious case of the drawn out decline Brendan Rodgers.

Man Utd for starting to look like they didn't pay attention to what happened to Liverpool in the early 90s.

Arsenal because they have been seemingly having the same league campaign for years.

Spurs meanwhile have the problem of being the team that came second to Leicester in a league title race that was never Spurs' to lose. Can they pick themselves up and go again?

Next season will be interesting for all those clubs. Chelsea, City and maybe United will have new managers. Liverpool's new manager will have had a half season or so bedding in period and a pre-season under his belt. Arsenal may just stay being Arsenal for all we know. Spurs have to go again and hope that there's no post title challenge hangover.

The Premier League is right now looking more interesting than it has been in years and it's all thanks to Leicester City.

3 minutes ago, MDK said:

I bet Stoke win the league next year

Stok already did it with Chelsea. He's in Belgium now.

Also, I like the fact that it took 12 years, but now people can use the phrase "Claudio Ranieri won the Premier League title at Chelsea."

• Like 8

Unreal. I know this guy, who claims he is a huge tottenham fan (yet he doesn't know who Ardilles iæs...) he texted me yesterday, that he is happy enough as long as Spurs get into the Champions League. 

I asked him if he actually saw the Chelsea game, and he said that he didn't because he always have viewed Chelsea as cheating divers.

Regardless. Leicester more than deserved this. David Beckham will be a grandfather before we see anything like that again. 

8 minutes ago, Permanent Rich said:

@Temporary Gazz Well Liverpool have finished in 6th or higher in 3 of the last 6 seasons before the current one, so really 3 of the last 7 if the season ends as it stands. Greatest club in the world.

No one said anything about being the greatest club in the world. It was a point how the perceived 6 biggest clubs in England got beaten to the title by a Leicester team who deserve to be champions.  

We get it you don't like Liverpool. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Part-Time Davidmarrio said:

No one said anything about being the greatest club in the world. It was a point how the perceived 6 biggest clubs in England got beaten to the title by a Leicester team who deserve to be champions.  

We get it you don't like Liverpool. 

Don't worry mate, next year will be your year :shifty:

• Like 3

The big six are Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Spurs and Everton. :shifty: