The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

37 minutes ago, Temporary Gazz said:

Liverpool are a powerhouse?

A tower of power, too sweet to be sour

44 minutes ago, DanishmadePunk said:

I asked him if he actually saw the Chelsea game, and he said that he didn't because he always have viewed Chelsea as cheating divers.

Strange reason not to view any game if your team is at the business end of the title hunt. I can only presume that deep down he knew that Tottenham were going to Spurs it up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

On a side note: how does Mikel get a game in the Premier League? I've seen League Two players who are better than him. Terrible footballer.

Kevin Nolan and?

31 minutes ago, Dan said:

On a side note: how does Mikel get a game in the Premier League? I've seen League Two players who are better than him. Terrible footballer.

He's a cult hero these days, is John Mikel Obi. His greatest asset is discipline, in the sense that he's disciplined enough to stand stoically in front of the defence even if the opposing players are literally running round him.

In all seriousness, he's sort of a zero-sum selection in that he fills the space that might otherwise be left horrifyingly vacant by a more adventurous midfielder (and our other options for defensively-minded midfielders are a) sometimes Matic and b) ???). Just don't ask him to pass or shoot... Unless, you know, he actually scores and then you are obliged to PARTY LIKE CRAZY out of some faintly-demeaning sense of irony.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MDK said:

I bet Stoke win the league next year

It's definitely worth a quid on some (all!) of the outsiders, though the bookies won't ever offer 5000-1 again.

22 minutes ago, Colly said:

It's definitely worth a quid on some (all!) of the outsiders, though the bookies won't ever offer 5000-1 again.

Of course they will, they'll probably offer more on outside teams because people will want to bet on lightning striking twice. I'll bet this is the most successful premier league season ever for the bookies, they won't even have to pay each way odds on City, Chelsea, Scum and Liverpool. Having to pay a handful of customers out a few grand or whatever is nothing compared to the tens if not hundreds of millions they've raked in from the big clubs' failures.

Burnley, Norwich and Sunderland are all 2000/1 on oddschecker already.

Just now, Temporary Gazz said:

Burnley, Norwich and Sunderland are all 2000/1 on oddschecker already.

Quite low odds considering the season hasn't ended and Burnley aren't even in the prem yet.

7 minutes ago, MDK said:

Quite low odds considering the season hasn't ended and Burnley aren't even in the prem yet.

Burnley are promoted already.

I'd say there's a much higher chance in them winning it than Norwich or Fat Sam.