UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Lineker

No voice for me tomorrow. De Gea could only keep them in it for so long. 

I would be pissed off as a United fan. The team did not fight hard enough or work hard enough.  Whilst I thought we played well it was made far to easy at times. 

But when it's all said and done...I fucking love beating Man Utd.  

So we went from having the card happy ref last week to the "worst ref at the world cup" for the next game. 

Oh and we are training at Old Trafford for the game and haven't applied for special privileges unlike United did last week :shifty:

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

A guy in work (Liverpool fan) said they changed the rules so that away goals don't count until after extra time in the Europa. He's making that up, isn't he? Could have sworn that's just a CoC thing.

Yeah, Europa games only go to extra time if away goals are level.

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Thought so. 

He said that 3-1 United would still give us 30 extra minutes to get the fourth we needed, but I knew I would have heard it somewhere if they'd changed it.

IIRC, there was talk of that rule being implemented at one stage but nothing came of it. Obviously, as things stand, you need to score 2 to take it to extra time (or 3 to win), but if we score at all, you need at least 4.

2 minutes ago, Whisper said:

We could play all day and not score 3 goals - I wouldn't worry about it.

I think you'll score. Perhaps even win the game (but not the tie). I can't see us not scoring in the form we're in, though, especially because United have to chase the game and we are lethal when teams give us space to get in behind. Parking the bus would be your best bet, but that obviously blunts your chances of scoring the two or three you need too.

I was saying this today. We've beaten you 3-1 already this season, but even that wouldn't be enough tonight. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, and certainly can't see us scoring four times. I think the tie was won last week. I'm sure Fellaini will get picked and everything will be played at a snails pace our end.

You've got De Gea so you've always got a chance of winning against us. 

Can't remember him ever having a bad game against us. 

I am curious as to how you'll approach this game. One away goal and we are sorted imo. 

1 hour ago, David Marrio said:

You've got De Gea so you've always got a chance of winning against us. 

Can't remember him ever having a bad game against us. 

I am curious as to how you'll approach this game. One away goal and we are sorted imo. 

We should just go absolutely all out and win 4-3 or something. Sure, we'll still lose the tie but that's happening regardless.

I'd rather go out that way than draw 1-1 in another posession-fest.

Saying that, the pressure is on LVG again, so no doubt we will win tonight and beat City on Sunday, just to ease it a bit, before losing 3 on the bounce again. Seems to be the way of things under LVG.

Proper tempted to stick a fiver on united and spurs to both win the ties though, just for a laugh.

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Whisper said:

We should just go absolutely all out and win 4-3 or something. Sure, we'll still lose the tie but that's happening regardless.

I'd rather go out that way than draw 1-1 in another posession-fest.

Saying that, the pressure is on LVG again, so no doubt we will win tonight and beat City on Sunday, just to ease it a bit, before losing 3 on the bounce again. Seems to be the way of things under LVG.

Proper tempted to stick a fiver on united and spurs to both win the ties though, just for a laugh.

you've got your laugh, :lol: 

If Tottenham put out a weakened side in the first leg and got smashed I'm fully expecting an even weaker team this time. 

They've got to save themselves so they can secure 2nd