UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Lineker

2 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Well, second or third favourites depending on who you look at. Dortmund and then Sevilla or Spurs.

I've seen bookies have us as third favourites behind Dortmund and Sevilla. Still ridiculous to suggest us, but I don't think Spurs are top three either.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

After Dortmund there are 3 or 4 teams that could realistically win it, Spurs are one of them.

I'd say any of Sevilla, Leverkusen, Bilbao, Liverpool, United, Dortmund or Spurs are in with a shout. i'd just put all four before the English teams, personally.

• Admin

Liverpool and Manchester United have never met before in European competition. A quick look at Manchester United’s fixtures shows that they have a Manchester derby three days after the second leg against Liverpool. Liverpool, meanwhile, have an away day at Southampton.

2 minutes ago, Lineker said:

A quick look at Manchester United’s fixtures shows that they have a Manchester derby three days after the second leg against Liverpool. 

That's assuming that the fixture list you have to hand has (1) been updated already; (2) doesn't list different competitions separately. Otherwise, it's a far more laboured and not at all quick process.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whisper said:

We've won our last four (i think?) against Liverpool.

By the laws of my Football Manager games, they now owe us a 4-0 hammering

LVG has won all his games as United boss against Liverpool. This is going to be... interesting  

1 hour ago, TLHobo said:

LVG has won all his games as United boss against Liverpool. This is going to be... interesting  

They've been annoyingly shite for all four game against us  as well and beaten us...

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Liverpool and Manchester United have never met before in European competition. A quick look at Manchester United’s fixtures shows that they have a Manchester derby three days after the second leg against Liverpool. Liverpool, meanwhile, have an away day at Southampton.

And Liverpool have the benefit of no longer being in the FA Cup, so they have the weekend off in between the two legs.

16 minutes ago, MDK said:

Current Short Term Manager's Youth Team

Short Term Manager?! How dare you!

Sacking managers is not the United Way!

Oh wait, out of 24 Manchester United managers, 11 have lasted for less than 2 years.

(Of course, Levy has had a dreadful record with sackings, but then that's the Levy way...Well that and playing a blinder during transfer windows).

• Like 4

Nah, once a small team beats a big team they are the big team via the Ric Flair Principle. If you make it to a final you'll play a big team. Unless of course your logic is that you aren't 'drawn' in the final as you just play the other remaining team.

Yeah I don't know what I'm on about.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

For Tottenham fans I hope it doesn't.  

That 6pm kick off against Augsburg at home was a twat for people to get to. There were people arriving to the game late, traffic was bad because you've got people finishing work and people trying to get to the match. It's a ridiculous kick off time for during the week.  

• Like 1